The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Idea

Saunga

Heyo Tenno,

I was thinking of a warframe that looked kinda infested based, except with spikes and jutting bony appendages. In regards to the name, I was thinking of Shard or Bone, but would like some feedback or opinions for a name much more suitable for warframe. This warframe would be kinda of like a bestial warframe, or an ancient warframe that has skills more primative than the others.

Skills for Shard/Bone/etc

1.) Spike: Shard shoots off a spike of his forearm to impale enemy targets.  (Would be silent).

cost: 25 power, damage affected by focus and streamline mods, range affected stretch mods.

2.) Roll:  Shard rolls up into a ball and rolls into nearby enemy targets.  

cost: 50 power, damage done and duration of knockdown affected by focus and streamline mods, duration of rolling affected by the number of stamina.

3.) Spike Shield: Shard's spikes and bones lock up to form a frontal shield, absorbs incoming damage( or reduces if you guys think this skill is too much like iron skin.)

cost 75 power, damage taken/ amount of damage reduced by are affected by focus and streamline mods. 

4.) Absorb: Shard's bones become porous and catches bullets, and returns the damage. (Basically this skill is a reflect skill, however you still will take some damage.)

Cost: 100, amount of damage that can be absorbed and reflected affected by focus and streamline mods (Note: you will take some damage when using this skill due to Shard's armor becoming porous.

Not sure home hp/armor/ and other base stats and was hoping to get feedback regarding that.

Also will try to draw a decent picture representing this warframe, but right now still trying to get image in my mind.

Thanks for reading, and please post feedback down below.

You have a very interesting second skill. The duration of the roll is affected by how much Stamina 'Shard' would have. So instead of the generic Continuity mod, you'd instead open up a whole new area to improve on; Stamina. Bringing a marathon mod to the table would be interesting, and would fit well with other frames as well (not necessarily a Stamina based skill/mod).

I'm unsure as to how I want to critique him. But he sounds a bit like a bruiser so I'm going just base my critique around that. I'm also assuming we're looking at a heavy frame, armadillo/porcupine inspired a little
Your abilities sound rather simple and already exist, so I'm going to change them up but keep with the theme you have going. 
Spike sounds like a poor shuriken. 
Roll sounds like a Rhino charge. 
Spike Shield sounds something along the lines of Overheat/Iron Skin/E. Shield
Absorb sounds like Nyx's absorb. 
Replace Spike or Roll with some kind of leap and Smash skill. A forward leap followed by a small area damage/knockdown.  Emphasizing the heavy aspect of his bone armour. This is the redo of Roll.

Replace the other with Pin. Deals some damage, stuns enemies for 1-2 seconds and Pins all visible enemies within x metres to the spot they're standing on with a spike through the leg. They can still attack, but can't move. This is the redo of Spike.

Spike Shield should give short term invulnerability or heavy damage reduction but slow you down. Like old iron skin but with a drawback of reduced speed. Great when you need to stand your ground against a horde of enemies. 

Replace Absorb with a move called Perforate. A radial storm of small bone spikes, can be instant or over a short duration, essentially picture someone with a max multishot/max fire speed/ max magazine boar prime spinning around in a circle like a mad man. Deals heavy damage per spike Enemies take debuffs depending on hit areas. Headshosts reduce accuracy by x percentage, arm hits lower fire-rate, bodies lower armour, and legs reduce movement. Multiple spikes are capable of hitting the same enemy in any area.

I tried to keep as close to your design as possible with these. 

Not bad, but Absorb is already Nyx's uber. I have a little suggestion; why not make him shoot spikes from all over his body like a porcupine? Kind of like Radial Javelin, only with spikes, or course.

Yea that's what I meant, its a reflect skill, only unlike nyx's uberskill u can move, and so like you walk around and absorb damage but also take a reduction of damage that you absorb,

I'm unsure as to how I want to critique him. But he sounds a bit like a bruiser so I'm going just base my critique around that. I'm also assuming we're looking at a heavy frame, armadillo/porcupine inspired a little

Your abilities sound rather simple and already exist, so I'm going to change them up but keep with the theme you have going. 

Spike sounds like a poor shuriken. 

Roll sounds like a Rhino charge. 

Spike Shield sounds something along the lines of Overheat/Iron Skin/E. Shield

Absorb sounds like Nyx's absorb. 

Replace Spike or Roll with some kind of leap and Smash skill. A forward leap followed by a small area damage/knockdown.  Emphasizing the heavy aspect of his bone armour. This is the redo of Roll.

Replace the other with Pin. Deals some damage, stuns enemies for 1-2 seconds and Pins all visible enemies within x metres to the spot they're standing on with a spike through the leg. They can still attack, but can't move. This is the redo of Spike.

Spike Shield should give short term invulnerability or heavy damage reduction but slow you down. Like old iron skin but with a drawback of reduced speed. Great when you need to stand your ground against a horde of enemies. 

Replace Absorb with a move called Perforate. A radial storm of small bone spikes, can be instant or over a short duration, essentially picture someone with a max multishot/max fire speed/ max magazine boar prime spinning around in a circle like a mad man. Deals heavy damage per spike Enemies take debuffs depending on hit areas. Headshosts reduce accuracy by x percentage, arm hits lower fire-rate, bodies lower armour, and legs reduce movement. Multiple spikes are capable of hitting the same enemy in any area.

I tried to keep as close to your design as possible with these. 

thanks! I'm a newbie to Warframe and your feedback is much appreciated.  I don't really understand all the percentages, so I will try to update the skills and names according.

thanks! I'm a newbie to Warframe and your feedback is much appreciated.  I don't really understand all the percentages, so I will try to update the skills and names according.

Young blood is always welcome. 

I hope my ideas weren't too far off from your vision. 

I kinda like this concept and some of the ideas others have given, so here's my input:

Bone Spike: Could go with that idea of pinning enemies to their current position

Roll: Instead of making it a linear charge attack like slash dash or rhino charge, how about make it steerable and keep the idea of duration based on stamina? So instead of just being a charge attack, it's more of an alternate mode where you move faster and deal damage on impact, but can't turn as sharply as before and probably need to build up speed for best damage

Spike shield: could halt movement but block all damage from one direction up to a certain amount and release shrapnel in the direction of damage sources, though it may have a limited range to its shrapnel projectiles.

Spike barrage: imagine a DPS version of Radial Javelin: several volleys of needles fired in all directions. Isn't necessarily a guaranteed hit like Radial Javelin, but fires enough shots that enemies in range will be hit at least once.