The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Menu Lag-Fog

88th_Phantom

Hey there, noticed this a couple of times when exiting lobbies:

(Ah, it won't let me post the pictures here - crumbs... time for imagination)

*Imaginary mental image below*¬

V

The Solar map is entirely covered in a low frame-rate cloudy fog that covers the whole screen

This fog tends to appear when leaving and joining lobbies (noticed it when joining Void missions at first) and for whatever reason or bug, it can get stuck on the screen if you leave a lobby and will send your framerate into the '.5' region, forcing me to kill the game via task manager as it is too unresponsive to do anything else.

Whatever it is that it is trying to load or disperse (the additional player models in the sitting pose?) on that zoomed out view is getting stuck and can potentially crash the game and overwork the CPU.

Just put this up to help find if anyone else was experiencing anything that sounds similar to my ('super good') description of the bug.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by Phantom_Jack

The Solar map is entirely covered in a low frame-rate cloudy fog that covers the whole screen

This fog tends to appear when leaving and joining lobbies (noticed it when joining Void missions at first) and for whatever reason or bug, it can get stuck on the screen if you leave a lobby and will send your framerate into the '.5' region, forcing me to kill the game via task manager as it is too unresponsive to do anything else.

Just put this up to help find if anyone else was experiencing anything that sounds similar to my ('super good') description of the bug.

Thanks for your time.

No, but I don't have valves powering my GFX card.

Edited by DaveC

No, but I don't have valves powering my GFX card.

I'm sorry? Was that entirely necessary?

If you don't have, nor have seen the problem, then why bother posting?

Just seems like a big waste of people's time to flame about specs (that you don't even have a comparison to) on the forums.

If there isn't anything constructive to add, then don't add it. 

I'm sorry? Was that entirely necessary?

If you don't have, nor have seen the problem, then why bother posting?

Just seems like a big waste of people's time to flame about specs (that you don't even have a comparison to) on the forums.

If there isn't anything constructive to add, then don't add it. 

Whoa, chill buddy... Just ignore it.

Back to the topic; seems that this issue happened to few others. Same case, fog on planetary map with sudden FPS drop, after joining/leaving a lobby.

Does your problem look like this one?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/131156-solar-system-explodes/

The bloom setting might be the suspect, as the OP in that topic said.

^

Yeah, that's the problem i'm referring to.

Although I'm certain that i haven't currently got bloom on.

Not sure of the cause if that was the case, but it's defiantly linked to the joining and leaving of lobbies, it's more of a visual glitch causing it.

At least it's not an isolated problem.