The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Huge Fps Drop Since 10.6

psifusion

Since update 10.6 or so I have been having drops in my frame rate that i've been monitoring closely with the in game fps counter. I've also been running hardware monitor and other programs to check my computers performance, heat and the likes. I can't seem to find a solution to the frame rate drop. I got a brand new Nvidia Geforce 660 TI with 3GB of dedicated ram a few months back. The game ran like butter with it first installed but since that update I'ts been struggling in certain areas.

I think that defense missions are the worst as well as mobile defense when the actual defense is being done. My theory is that it has to do with the loading of entities in the game for some reason because thats when my frames go down to anywhere from 20 to 10. If other people are experiencing this problem it would be great to know since I didn't find many people with this specific problem. Yes I have turned all my graphics settings down and it made NO difference whatsoever to my frame rate.

Windows 7 x64

AMD Phenom II x4 955 (3.2GHz)

8192MB RAM (Gskill)

Direct X 11

Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti (3 GB) (Asus brand)

I've been noticing the same thing, but with much less radical drops. My frames get cut almost in half, and I don't know why. My graphics card should be able to handle what's going on, as it runs more demanding games at full blast easily. I can't explain why this is happening, and it bothers me dropping from 40 fps to 20. Hopefully they can fix this soon.

I have also been experiencing some major frame drops recently.  I have noticed it the most in the voids.  I come down from 30 fps in game to around 10.  It is almost unplayable at times.  I think it has gotten worse since the recent hotfix.

Windows 7 x64

Intel® Core 2 Duo CPU T9300 @2.50GHz 2.5GHz

8gb RAM

Nvidia Geforce 8600m

I did some control testing on tolsoj to get a few ideas. I don't generally have serious frame issues exept on defense and survival missions and whatnot.

I still believe it to be a problem with loading entities... which I would believe is something my GPU can handle.

All graphics turned to lowest settings (with 1 other person)
start 60 fps, stayed stable
end 35 fps (couldn't figure out why my frames went down at the end expecially with all graphics off)

Max graphics with dual monitors (did the run alone)
started between 70 and 100 fps
first enemies stable 60 fps
boss fight around 45 fps
ended at 60 fps

max graphics with dual monitors (with 3 random people)
started between 45 and 60 depending on enemies around
boss fight round 40 to 50
frames dropped to 35 during boss fight for a bit when nekros summoned the dead
ended at 60 fps

while theese numbers are decent the problem like I said is with defense missions, void missions, survival, and mobile defense. Sometimes it seems random as well but there may be logic to it.

Edited by psifusion