Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bugged Drop Rates

Viak

Look, I know how drop rates work, and for some reason, DE claims to have actual random number generators involved in drops.  This is simply not true or possible. I have seen countless times where drops, and drop rates go from zero to 10000% the next day or week, with no other factor changing. Maybe their spaghetti coding locks in a new drop as something gets tweaked?

Recent example is attempting to farm Mesa. DE CLAIMS, that the Mesa Neuroptics Blueprint has a 38.72% drop rate. I ran the mission and received the Mesa Neuroptics Blueprint FIVE TIMES IN A ROW.
.3872x.3872x.3872x.3872x.3872=0.87% chance of occurring. 

Less than a one percent chance for same 38.72% drop to happen FIVE times in a row.

We see this happen ALL the time. Then you wait a few days or weeks, try again, and magically you start getting the other drops.
Normally we shrug, roll our eyes at Digital Extremes knowing how bad they are at coding, and they even admit it (we just can't fix stuff because of our terrible spaghetti coding).  But when content get's gated, and we have to burn hard to acquire resources in order to get them, it's rage quit time.

I want to like this game, but it's so infuriating how much effort DE puts on shiny eye candy, and the base game can barely function at all.

Please at least fix your drop rates, it's unacceptable, and insulting to your player base, this is my second rage strike before I take a year break and see if DE can fix their game. Here's hoping.

Archived