Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Way To Fix Volt! (He Needs The Buff)

tripletriple

What I find volt lacking is team helping skills and more important some damaging skills that do some damage.

Shock: Now spreads to 20 targets and stuns them for 3 seconds (does not stack), also slows the enemy for 25 seconds. Dmg increase to 650.

Speed: Additionally with its current effects gives you additional electrical charge to your body and acts like an iron skin. At max gives 500 shield.

Shield: Slightly larger shield.

Overload: Faster animation, gives you an electic shield around you making you invincible, stuns everyone hit by it for 5 seconds (not stackable) and applies a defence debuff to all enemies for 30 seconds. Dmg increase to 600 per second and range increase by ten meters.

Discuss. DE please fix volt.

Edited by tripletriple

Volt is currently a utility frame. His utility is currently unmatched on the right tile sets.

Sadly he is too situational to be anything but a tier 2 warframe.  

Also, when your heart slows down, you don't "slow down". You fall asleep or you can die.

Edited by MachFarcon

I really miss the closed beta volt, that entered a room full of enemies and simply killed them all. Volt was my starter frame and i never play him now because of how weak he is right now. I really like the shock, the shield (not that i use it), Overload right now has a super epic animation for the lets say 0 dmg that it does agains high lvl enemies

So DE PLS BUFF HIM

Volt is currently a utility frame. His utility is currently unmatched on the right tile sets.

Sadly he is too situational to be anything but a tier 2 warframe.  

Also, when your heart slows down, you don't "slow down". You fall asleep or you can die.

And there is no such thing as a being that can shoot electricity out of their hands, what is your point? This is the future maybe they found a way to do it.

I love how people pretend there are warframes who are not ficition and exist and are exceptionally overpowered.

Edited by tripletriple

Really? No one cares about your strawman fallacy. Go away. There are a lot more things that are unreal. If you are that insistant and want to be childish then maybe he absorbs electricity. Go wild.

Back to discussing volt and not science.

Edited by tripletriple

Really? No one cares about your strawman fallacy. Go away. There are a lot more things that are unreal. If you are that insistant and want to be childish then maybe he absorbs electricity. Go wild.

Back to discussing volt and not science.

Lol wat? Apologies but the only one being childish here are you for telling the guy to go away as soon as he proved a contradiction in your ideas... 

Volt is good enough.. not to say DE gave him Synapse

doesn't need any fix

Thanks for providing evidence and refuting any claims made as to why he is not underpowered!

Lol wat? Apologies but the only one being childish here are you for telling the guy to go away as soon as he proved a contradiction in your ideas... 

What contradicition? He pulled some articles as to why electricity won't slow down your heart rate instead of contraditing and debating the actual topic at hand. This is not a science debate or a means to describe non-fiction. This game is about as fictional as it gets. This is to discuss reworks about volt.

Thanks for providing evidence and refuting any claims made as to why he is not underpowered!

What contradicition? He pulled some articles as to why electricity won't slow down your heart rate instead of contraditing and debating the actual topic at hand. This is not a science debate or a means to describe non-fiction. This game is about as fictional as it gets. This is to discuss reworks about volt.

I dont think he really needed to speak about it to contradict your idea. I will agree that there are many things that have sealed this game as sci-fi, but this is something that IMO is just too illogical and incorrect to place in the game. Perhaps it could do something else to the heart, but more along the lines of speeding up rather than slowing down.

I dont think he really needed to speak about it to contradict your idea. I will agree that there are many things that have sealed this game as sci-fi, but this is something that IMO is just too illogical and incorrect to place in the game. Perhaps it could do something else to the heart, but more along the lines of speeding up rather than slowing down.

Yep.

All people questioning that heart bit will be ignored. Please do something other than a straw man fallacy. But since some of you are too childish to get over it I will remove it from my original post. Now lets see what you guys resort to. I am probably wrong on a lot of things that is why I made a topic like this.

I did not however expect a lot of the members of this community to be excuse my french this stupid to ponder the lore behind his buffs.

Edited by tripletriple

Not to start a fight or anything of the sort, but I wanted to make sure something made sense here: Because you were wrong, we are stupid. Ok, got it.

Anyhow, I agree, Volt does need a buff, but your standards are a bit to high. 20 targets? Most of the time, there are not that many enemies in a room. I agree with the 3 seconds stun, however, 650 dmg seems a little too much for a first ability. 500+ shields? Many people would only have about that much, or less. I think about 250, max. If I remember right, the temporary speed does not last for ever, so this amount of shields should be just perfect. For your last idea (about buffing his ulti) I agree with everything except that the 30 seconds should become about 15 and the 600 damage every second should be about 400 instead. Volt's Overload can last for 5 seconds. 5x400= 4000.

What I find volt lacking is team helping skills and more important some damaging skills that do some damage.

Shock: Now spreads to 20 targets and stuns them for 3 seconds (does not stack), also slows their heartbeat down (which slows the enemy) for 25 seconds. Dmg increase to 650.

- Waaaaaay too OP. Even Bladestorm, an ulti, targets less, even if the damage were bigger. The added slow is too much, and besides, slow effect belong to Ice element (and to that extent, Frost's).

Speed: Additionally with its current effects gives you additional electrical charge to your body and acts like an iron skin. At max gives 500 shield.

- Nope. All we need is NOT another Iron Skin copy, and the current one is fine (since they removed that damned FOV on other teammates).

- Agreed with this. This is the most logical thing to do by DE, or at least made it movable along with Volt.

Overload: Faster animation, gives you an electic shield around you making you invincible, stuns everyone hit by it for 5 seconds (not stackable) and applies a defence debuff to all enemies for 30 seconds. Dmg increase to 600 per second and range increase by ten meters.

- The damage amount is way too large. Invincibility is kinda fine, since Volt goes from a moving AA battery into a dummy target practice, but for a total damage of 3000 (5s x 600) it's not even balanced at all.

You should try visiting Solaurus' and a few other's idea for Volt, which gives him quite an interesting approach as "alternative to gunplay" while not being OP.

Edited by Athros

Not to start a fight or anything of the sort, but I wanted to make sure something made sense here: Because you were wrong, we are stupid. Ok, got it.

Anyhow, I agree, Volt does need a buff, but your standards are a bit to high. 20 targets? Most of the time, there are not that many enemies in a room. I agree with the 3 seconds stun, however, 650 dmg seems a little too much for a first ability. 500+ shields? Many people would only have about that much, or less. I think about 250, max. If I remember right, the temporary speed does not last for ever, so this amount of shields should be just perfect. For your last idea (about buffing his ulti) I agree with everything except that the 30 seconds should become about 15 and the 600 damage every second should be about 400 instead. Volt's Overload can last for 5 seconds. 5x400= 4000.

I like your suggestions they seem more balanced than what I mentioned. I'll admit I kinda threw some extra expectations on these abilities, but I was more interested in the utility I mentioned rather than the damage. Also about the ulti I mentioned a faster animation speed, so it might get cut 2 seconds.

Shock: Now spreads to 20 targets and stuns them for 3 seconds (does not stack), also slows their heartbeat down (which slows the enemy) for 25 seconds. Dmg increase to 650.

- Waaaaaay too OP. Even Bladestorm, an ulti, targets less, even if the damage were bigger. The added slow is too much, and besides, slow effect belong to Ice element (and to that extent, Frost's).

Nova has a slowing effect on her ulti as well, it is not exclusive to frost. I will agree what I mentioned is a bit op.

- Nope. All we need is NOT another Iron Skin copy, and the current one is fine (since they removed that damned FOV on other teammates).

Reason I mention this is because speed does nothing if the enemy auto aims you, maybe a smaller amount shield on it.

- Agreed with this. This is the most logical thing to do by DE, or at least made it movable along with Volt.

- The damage amount is way too large. Invincibility is kinda fine, since Volt goes from a moving AA battery into a dummy target practice, but for a total damage of 3000 (5s x 600) it's not even balanced at all.

Also about the ulti I mentioned a faster animation speed, so it might get cut 2 seconds.

You should try visiting Solaurus' and a few other's idea for Volt, which gives him quite an interesting approach as "alternative to gunplay" while not being OP.

Thanks for the responses guys.

Ignoring the heart science issue

Shock: Now spreads to 20 targets and stuns them for 3 seconds (does not stack), also slows the enemy for 25 seconds. Dmg increase to 650.

While Shock does need a buff, a spammable 3 sec stun that also slows and deals 650 damage and hits 20 targets. For 25 energy. That's over-powered. Shock may however, get a indirect buff from damage 2.0 with the changes to how electric damage type now works.

Speed currently does exactly what you need it to. It speed you and your team mates up. Making it act like a iron skin would change the reason you would use the power. I.E. Temp tanking power instead of a mobility power.

This I understand. I play a BroVolt build so larger shields, and thus more cover, plus  more room for teammates is never a bad thing.

Well, this is a mixed bag. While overload needs a major overhaul, I'm not sure giving it decent base damage, a 5 second stun, and a debuff for 30 secs.

In all, before we cry for a volt buff, wait until we see how the new electric damage chain mechanic works.

I'm in the wait and see camp.

I'm not crazy about Volt's last two iterations, but,  I think the OP's present suggestions will put Volt back in the spot he's in right now: heavily nerfed.

Volt's abilities are fine conceptually for the most part, IMO. It's the amount of dmg his abilities do and the amount of time his #4 takes.

DMG 2.0 could resolve a lot of our issues , especially in the event that Warframe abilities create the same interactions ( I have seen no word on this as yet, but we know it's a subject that will get addressed)

Instead of acting like an Iron Skin for Volt and other players, it might be a better idea to make the effect similar to a Shield Osprey, in that it adds a certain amount of shield to each player near Volt. Starting with 200 going up to 500 max. each level increases the range a bit and perhaps it adds a slightly shorter recharge delay, perhaps the shield and recharge values should vary on distance. Volt would always have max added shield, whereas team mates the closer the better? Depending on whether Volt uses a direct current or an alternating current (cause you love science ;D).

I think this would make Speed usable in other situations, rather than just getting the f*** out of a level. For example Speed also provides faster melee swings, which I rarely see used, the added shield might make it usable for close combat situations as well.

Also I agree that a larger shield is needed.

Edited by -TheKnight-