Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Footage On Ps4 & Pc Comparison?

(PSN)Free-Fall24

My capture card doesn't seem able to properly capture PS4 yet (thought support is supposed to be coming later for it). I could capture and upload a clip to facebook using the PS4's own capture but the quality would likely be less of what the game really is (having tried it with Blacklight Retribution).

Mostly, what I noticed is that contrast is slightly higher on PC due to color correction being more agressive on PC. Things like Bloom, Depth of Field and Motion Blur can be enable/disabled on both platforms (which is great, btw; I hate motion blur with a passion, both on a technical and visual level :P).

I'm not certain... but I 'think' Warframe on PS4 is upscaled 720p or some non-native 1080p resolution; the UI itself is more inline with the 720p UI on PC but that's probably voluntary but the viewport (aka 3D) seems not as neat as on PC (and since I use the same 22 inch monitor for both PC and PS4, it's very noticeable).

Texture quality seems a bit less than on PC, perhaps on Medium setting and of course, the PhysX particles are non-existent. However, for a release title for the PS4 which runs relatively well and plays great, it's a very good start and since Warframe is still a work in progress, the PS4 version will likely benefit from greater optimisation down the line as well.

---

Once my capture card is working with PS4 though, I'll get some footage of both and put them side to side so the comparison can be better made.

Edited by (PS4)ZeroMillenium

PS4's hardware runs games on high graphic settings at 60 fps 1080p, basicly PS4 has the same amount of power as some of the high end PC's from what i have seen in my comparison

Yes, however it doesn't mean that the actual resolution in the game is 1080p. Take BF4 for example : your console will output 1080p to your monitor/TV and the UI will have the correct scale but the 3D viewport actually runs at an upscaled 900p.

Likewise, I'm not sure if the viewport of Warframe is 1080p but perhaps closer to 720p, if not somewhere inbetween. That and when comparing screenplay of PS4 to Warframe on my gaming PC rig, the textures are crisper on my PC as is the overall definition so it's why I wonder if the textures might be a little lower resolution than the PC version and if the onscreen viewport would be upscaled.

Again, I'll know once capture card use is patched on PS4 and record some gameplay from Warframe.

Unless a dev or representative of the dev like [DE]Rebecca or [DE]Megan can confirm that the viewport in Warframe is truly 1080p resolution and not an upscale.

Yes, however it doesn't mean that the actual resolution in the game is 1080p. Take BF4 for example : your console will output 1080p to your monitor/TV and the UI will have the correct scale but the 3D viewport actually runs at an upscaled 900p.

Likewise, I'm not sure if the viewport of Warframe is 1080p but perhaps closer to 720p, if not somewhere inbetween. That and when comparing screenplay of PS4 to Warframe on my gaming PC rig, the textures are crisper on my PC as is the overall definition so it's why I wonder if the textures might be a little lower resolution than the PC version and if the onscreen viewport would be upscaled.

Again, I'll know once capture card use is patched on PS4 and record some gameplay from Warframe.

Unless a dev or representative of the dev like [DE]Rebecca or [DE]Megan can confirm that the viewport in Warframe is truly 1080p resolution and not an upscale.

yeah 1080p only displays on 1080p TV's so if you dont have a 1080p display your game wont display in full 1080p

yeah 1080p only displays on 1080p TV's so if you dont have a 1080p display your game wont display in full 1080p

... which my monitor is fully capable of.

What I mean is that the viewport, the 3D world in the game, is possibly upscaled while the PS4 outputs a 1080p signal to your monitor. So the connection between your PS4 and your monitor IS 1080p, the game runs at 1080p BUT the 3D in the game is upscaled from a resolution lower than 1080p.

Same as, for example, Call of Duty has been doing on PS3 and Xbox 360 for years : you'd have 1080p output from your console to your monitor, even have it confirmed in your settings; however, when you played the game, the UI was crisp and clean since it was scaled for a native 1080p BUT the 3D world (the viewport) was 600p. If you checked your TV's information setting, it would say that you currently were in 1080p but the 3D would be blurry since it was at a resolution lower than 1080p.

And I don't mean 3D as in, stereo-scopic 3D where you feel perspective "as if you were there" but 3D as in the actual level, the characters in it that is other than the UI which pretty much floats on your screen.