Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tileset layout

Erenna

There are two small changes I'd like to see to tileset generation. Specifically, having a layout with two branching paths which rejoin later instead of having a Y-shaped layout. Small side tiles sometimes get added onto the main course, but after using the Parallax landing craft's air support a few times on syndicate missions I started to realize that out of the 600-800 meters in most tilesets (Grineer settlement, corpus ice planet, etc) about 200-250 meters branched out off to the side about two thirds of the way into the level and didn't fold back. Causing hidden items to generate midway through either branching route would more effectively allow players to return to extraction after searching another area, or allow multiplayer to have the additional benefit of searching both places for collectibles at the same time.

The other change is one of internal consistency, which may be harder to implement. I've noticed that windows on ship tilesets that look out into space and open vistas on planet tilesets can show a vague fogginess or outright emptiness in a direction that should logically show another tile based on the layout of the level. I don't think it's necessary to show the other tiles that should be behind the window, just make sure that tiles with windows or tall cliffs only ever point those sides towards the outermost part of the level so there isn't an impossible layout.

Archived