Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scanner Out Of Ammo

RyojinOrion

Once the scanner runs out of ammo, the reloading circle starts to show and complete itself over and over instead of switching to a weapon that has ammo.

Also, I had 137 or so scanner things, yet I can only bring 100 into a mission with me? That sucks, makes it impossible to scan everything possible in a single level.

You have 100 scans and you manage to use all of them? You must be scanning dead bodies several times or something. Besides that, it shouldn't take long for players to scan everything, even with this limit.

I was testing the system. Scanning everything I could to see what added to the Codex and what did not. Scanned dead bodies a few times to see if they counted towards scans. Replicated my results to make sure they were accurate. Oh yeah, and simply scanning enemies just to get their info filled out. All this made it quite easy to use up all 100 in a single mission, especially since it takes 20-30 scans per common enemy.

At any rate, you've missed the point of the thread, which is what happens when the ammo runs out. This isn't asking for an increase in the ammo cap, or about how long it should take to get all the scans. It is about the fact that when you run out of ammo for the scanner, the reloading circle keeps filling up and completing endlessly. The ammo cap thing was just an afterthought.

At any rate, you've missed the point of the thread, which is what happens when the ammo runs out. This isn't asking for an increase in the ammo cap, or about how long it should take to get all the scans. It is about the fact that when you run out of ammo for the scanner, the reloading circle keeps filling up and completing endlessly. The ammo cap thing was just an afterthought.

I suppose I did miss the point, but answer me this: Can you manually switch back to your weapons by pressing the hotkey you set for the scanner or the key for switching weapons?

I suppose I did miss the point, but answer me this: Can you manually switch back to your weapons by pressing the hotkey you set for the scanner or the key for switching weapons?

Irrelevant to the purpose of the thread, but if you really must have an answer, yes you can hit the weapon switch button to go back to your weapons, and I have not tried the item hotkey. But as the constant reloading circle is more than likely not intended, and therefore more than likely a bug, it should be reported, which is the purpose of this thread.