Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sniper Scope...

Commander_Pancakes

Number one demonstration that the scopes are (currently) bad, here's a Lanka screenshot someone took.

3DEsZmx.png

Now if the bright-as-F*** glow were to be removed this scope would at least be useable. But the primary problem is simply that the "I'm Charged!" glow eats up your entire viewbox.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

what exactly makes you so certain? just because it has changed it does not mean that DE will not change it to a toggle option to suit player demand if they feel enough people dislike the system as it stands now

Of course I can't predict the future, but based on DE's past moves, they don't just give toggles for everything (splitting blur/DoF isn't the same thing). They prefer to go one way or another, and I also don't think it would be a good design choice for them to do so. Go with something, don't compromise, or you invite a wave of everyone wanting everything their way. The usual graphics options are one thing, but something that changes the look of a game's design is another. It's by design that DE finally added scopes, so I don't think they will, or should, take them off. Make your decision and stand by it.

So the only real option left is to improve what exists. None of this gray area flip flopping.

I've only used the Lanka since the update I like the idea but the visuals need to be more discrete. My only problem is that there's too much added stuff, if they made the new scope less intrusive and basically just left the borders of in there it'd be fine. The clashing colours in the centre and the fuzzy effect over 80% of my screen is unnecessary and actually kinda making it hard to spot and aim.

Edited by TheHeraldXII

My vectis was shelved due to the blurry effect around the scope.  I really enjoy sniping, but its hard to see where the enemies are or even track them when moving due to that blur.  Besides Tenno don't have eyes, so what purpose does the sniper scope serve?  Why not just change the reticle and take away the blurring while sniping.  I quite using Lanka because the blinding effect made it too hard to snipe long distance.