The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did Grand Masters Get Terrible End Of The Stick?

ClaymoreNo47

Sigh... not this again.

Grand Masters got:

8k Platinum (this alone is a huge deal)

Landmark

Skana and Lato Prime

Excalibur Prime

Shoulder insignia.

The above (except the Platinum) is not obtainable through any other means, at all.

The Prime Access pack gives:

4300 Platinum (still a nice deal)

Misa Prime Syandana

Titan Extractor Prime

90-Day Boosters

As the only "exclusive" rewards (the boosters you can buy yourself, but would be incredibly expensive). Ember Prime, Glaive Prime, and Sicarus Prime are obtainable in-game by everybody, unlike the Skana, Lato, and Excalibur Primes.

I'm a Grandmaster and I think this is perfectly fair and fine. And yes, I bought the Prime Access Pack, too. Because I love this game, and I like to support DE and I like it when they give me nice stuff in return.

The Syandana can be worn on any Warframe, as per the Prime Access FAQ.

Dont get me wrong, I see what the packs are for and it's a good plan to enrole the new surplus of players with a pretty nice welcome mat too :P.

I think the problem here isn't we got the short end of the stick it's that we expected in gerenal after hearing so much on the streams and so on that we are valued and that they are thankful for are support and are ongoing support and they would show that. The problem with this is that people expected to show it these packs, be it a price reduction or a % off for helping it out or even taking out some of the pack then people wouldn't have a problem jumping at it.

But the fact that it's set so high a price tag that most long term users that would of jumped at this are thinking... hang on a sec.. we've already handed you like £200 ($320ish) and have so much but would like parts of this pack can't we get them too ?? This would seem to be real question.. are we aloud to do this and if so how can we :D

I'll problem end up buying the pack because i can... but the "care" factor in this is whats dishearting alittle. I love the game and i'll support it as much as i can but i don't want to pay hand over fist each time to. if they could balance it out so we could by the shinys people would just jump on the chance. The scarf alone would just bring in so much cash.

So i dont know. One hand.. good job DE for helping out the new supporters :D , but on the other hand... please dont leave us old timers out in the dark... without are hot food... and are moblie scooters.. and what time is it.. you kids get off my lawn!!!

People are having this same conversation across multiple threads, so can I ask you a question?

If DE packaged the "exclusive" items (Scarf, Forum Icons, and Titan Prime) together, and sold them for a lower price, would that solve your problem with it?

I'm not going to lie, I already bought the top package, but I would have ABSOLUTELY have purchased a package that only had the 'Exclusive' items if that was a choice. I really didn't need the Plat, have no problem grinding for the Prime equipment, and am willing to spend the time to aquire XP and cash, but I really wanted the exclusives (Yes, I'm one of 'Those' people)

I honestly would have prefered to have had the option to pick up just the exclusives, or the package without the boosts and plat, for a lower price, that just wasn't an option.

I don't think the package is a bad deal, especially for newer players, but I'm a little disapointed that it's the only way to grab all the new gear.

Personally I'm worried about this becoming a trend.  I already dropped a good chunk of money into this game from buying the GM, not to mention I did buy the steam sale Warframe "DLC" and part of a bundle that included Warframe plat.  I'm sitting on a small mountain of plat.  I don't believe in using plat for buying/gambling mod packs, seeing the last time I got something mod pack related from the steam sale I got 2 goddamn Silence out of the 3 rare mods.  Read that again, 2 SILENCE. You can shove your mod pack and Key Packs where the sun doesn't shine.  

Here's what I actually bought over the course of the game: 

Frost. A newbie's mistake, but I did play the crap out of him and loved the frame. Plat well spent I suppose.

Sentinel Accessory Packs #1, #2.  I'm still waiting on pack 3's bundle.

The limited time Day of the Dead weapon skin pack. 

Slots. Slots and slots for the frames and weapons.  

I have not used more than 1000 of the shiny digital currency.  The chance of me actually spending more plat is on skins, color palette, and Forma (if I'm that desperate or they release a Forma bundle at a reasonable cost) is low.  I DO want the scarf, but I really can't justify dropping $140 just for it in addition to what I've already spent on Warframe.  This Prime Access business sounds like it's implying that more Prime frames + gears + another shiny cosmetic for mid $100 the next time another Prime rolls into town.  I do feel pretty stupid buying the GM pack if there's going to be stuff like Prime Access down the road.  In short, I feel I was slapped in the face for dropping so much money to support the game.

I wouldn't have so much trouble with the Primce Access if there's an option to opt out the plat as someone already said and reduce that ridiculous price point. $139.99 is NOT microtransaction, especially if you are going to do this every damn Prime Access.