The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Trading Issue

So here's something I came across.

I wanted to trade for a Sanctuary mod, but the person I'm trading with can't seem to place it as an offer. It said something like "unique ability... etc... etc...". I was trading it for my Seeker mod (pistol).

Are there any restrictions or whatever that we didn't know about, or is this (hopefully) just a bug?

Edit: I hope people who have successfully traded theirs (Sanctuary) would be able to read this. Please do comment how you were able to do it.

Edited by iTsMeTiTsMcGee

I agree with the above posted. Sanctuary and Coolant leak are precept Polarity (probably how groups and various permissions are set across batches of mods.

From the trading guide:

1) MODS. All Mods in your inventory are eligible for trade. There is no Rarity restriction (you can trade a Rare for an Uncommon). Mods that you have equipped on items will display a blue icon on the bottom right corner of the Mod. These are eligible for trade as well, but you will be notified that the mod will be taken off the equipped item(s). Exception: You may not trade away Ability/Precept mods for any Warframe/Sentinel you own, unless you have duplicates of the Ability mod. This is similar to the rules in place for selling Ability mods. You may trade an equipped Ability mod if you have duplicates, so be sure to trade the right one!

This is rather annoying as i was hoping to get sanctuary through trade

Yeah but it should be a bug cause that was made to prevent not having main abilities, but sanctuary isn't the case

Well in our eyes (i agree with you) but as i mentioned i think polarity is the identifier they use to set mod behaviour and limitations. So it's a nature of the process, i don't know if they could 'fix' it.

Especially annoying with the rarity of these, the fact that someone may have 2 is slim.