The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Niekitty's Bug Report ((Edit: Dec 20Th, The Hang Strikes Back))

niekitty

EDIT (Dec 20th). 11.5.2: Hang WAS fixed, but returned with Update 11.5.2. have shut down everything besides windows and steam, has no effect. the hangs are not as often resulting in migration, but are occurring again, and even occasionally happen in menus again (had a bad one while sorting my frame mods earlier today).

one of the large rooms in the grineer asteroid base tileset is now suddenly causing my framerate to drop from the 70-90 range, down to about 10-15, but only while IN that one room. looking into the room has no effect. (large room, rocky floor, central bore, platforms around the edges. doorways on upper ends, vent entries on the ground floor)

...much as i hate to HELP stalker, seeing as my clan has a team-wipe rate of around 93% against him, getting stalker to charge rush (which instakills a fully prepared and armored rhino and sometimes hits targets not in the effect line) into the entry area in the forest tileset bugs him into turning his AI off. this is a very HELPFUL bug since it was the only time since dmg2.0 that anyone in my clan has been able to kill him. DE, please fix stalker, and then break his arm or something; i'm usually one of the last people to call for a nerf, since i'm not a number-raging power-player, but stalker NEEDS A NERF.

switching weapons while zoomed in with the scanner causes the scanner shader to stick in all view modes until scanner is equipped again.

EDIT (Dec 16th):

Hang issue POSSIBLY fixed!!! a failure of "user foot positioning" pulled the cord to my Bamboo drawing tablet earlier. I shut down all the system drivers for the bamboo just to make sure i wasnt getting error messages popping up before i could get around to going spelunking under my desk.
lo and behold, ever since i shut down the tablet drivers NOT ONE HANG OR CRASH in game and i am CONSISTENTLY getting ~25-40% higher framerates across the board in Warframe!

Lanka issue still in effect, and the bleaching effect of the zoom overlay make it harder to use. Ranked out now, so not even bothering with it again for a while since the bows work smoother.

Vanishing ancients: appears to be an issue related to things between the camera and character getting dithered out. when an ancient slings its arm out at you, the arm goes THROUGH the frame and counts as the ancient being too close to the camera.

--------

* Hang to migrate - This has been happening constantly pretty much since around update 7-8-ish, but is now worse. my game will randomly freeze for 1-5 seconds. this happens in ALL STAGES OF THE GAME: it has happened in mission, at the solar system, in menus, and even several times in the login screen. if i am in a lobby or in game, when the freeze ends i often get instantly host migrated. This has actually happened several times while i was playing solo, and i STILL GOT HOST MIGRATED.
+ the hangs happen with greater frequency and severity when connected to certain people. one of my friends who it happens the most with already has an issue where i am the only person who can connect to him if he is hosting.
+ happens with significantly LESS frequency and severity when i am hosting.
+ prior to update 11 this happened roughly once every 5-15 missions and usually did not result in anything about a minute of severe lag. SINCE 11 went live this has been happening several times per mission and almost always results in migration (if i am hosting, migration chance seems to drop to ~40%)
+ I do not know if this is at the game end, but it does not occur in any other game, and my net logs show no changes to stability or signal. it is hard line, not wireless, and the service is Comcast. I have checked to be sure nothing else is firing up to use bandwidth and have found nothing.
---i love the game, but this bug has actually caused me to stop playing out of frustration today.---

* Vanishing Ancients - This seems rig localized, i have not met anyone else with this bug, but it IS consistent. When ancients of any kind attack, as they straighten back up afterward, the suddenly become invisible until the start moving again. if i am standing close enough i can still see their glowing spots, and i can still hit them, so it seems more like some sort of texture glitch.
---annoying and SoD-breaking, but can work around it with LOTS OF FIRE!!! >:)

* FOR I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!!! - *ahem* charging the Lanka BEFORE zooming in results in a blinding lens flare permanently filling the screen until i move. before 11.?.02 hotfix moving did not seem to clear the flare.

-----

My (not so Orokin) Tower: (yes, tower, not laptop. i like to actually COOL my computer parts, not cook them)
WinXP Pro (SP3)
Intel Core2 Duo 3GHz
3Gb active memory (total use at desktop ~700mb, total use with Warframe running ~1800mb)
NVidia GeForce 9600gt (512mb ram)
Average framerate in Warframe: ~97fps
Average framerate in Orokin Towers: ~35-45fps depending on room
Average framerate in Orokin Towers with red tinted lighting prevalent: ~10fps (no explanation)
Average framerate when a ragdoll corpse starts random smearing: ~0.2fps until the body melts.

Edited by niekitty

• 2 weeks later...

More great stuff with 11, but a few brand new bits of frustration. im starting with the biggest issue, which seems to be performance/connection, but feel free to move this thread if i have it in the wrong spot. *ducks*

* Hang to migrate - This has been happening constantly pretty much since around update 7-8-ish, but is now worse. my game will randomly freeze for 1-5 seconds. this happens in ALL STAGES OF THE GAME: it has happened in mission, at the solar system, in menus, and even several times in the login screen. if i am in a lobby or in game, when the freeze ends i often get instantly host migrated. This has actually happened several times while i was playing solo, and i STILL GOT HOST MIGRATED.

+ the hangs happen with greater frequency and severity when connected to certain people. one of my friends who it happens the most with already has an issue where i am the only person who can connect to him if he is hosting.

+ happens with significantly LESS frequency and severity when i am hosting.

+ prior to update 11 this happened roughly once every 5-15 missions and usually did not result in anything about a minute of severe lag. SINCE 11 went live this has been happening several times per mission and almost always results in migration (if i am hosting, migration chance seems to drop to ~40%)

+ I do not know if this is at the game end, but it does not occur in any other game, and my net logs show no changes to stability or signal. it is hard line, not wireless, and the service is Comcast. I have checked to be sure nothing else is firing up to use bandwidth and have found nothing.

---i love the game, but this bug has actually caused me to stop playing out of frustration today.---

I have been having this same experience.  I have every port that is possible to forward forwarded.  I have no network disconnects.  Warframe is the only game/application/service that experiences this "lag".  

It has definitely gotten worse with 11.0.  Since 11.0, every alert that I have tried to do has taken me at least 4 freeze/host migrations/lag/disconnects to complete.  And that doesn't count the 3-6 times that I freeze/host migrations/lag/disconnect each alert that results in me going back to the planet selection screen.  At this point, it's quite unbearable.

Quick update to the situation:

Turning texture memory setting in game UP reduced the hangs significantly across most situations (while causing a decrease in framerate that makes some instances of Orokin Towers unplayable: specifically any time there is a red tinting to the screen. all other color tintings in orokin towers have no effect on framerate at all).  There are, however, still severe (if less frequent) hangs, but they ONLY occur when connecting to certain people. of the 3 people i regularly play with, i only have the hangs when playing with ONE of them, regardless of which of us is hosting. the hangs do not occur with the other 2 when that one person is not present.

• 3 weeks later...