Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flux Rifle Nerf

BlkRobedMage

Does piercing hit do anything on the flux now considering it does 0 puncture my guess is PH is useless on the flux ?

My Flux Build:

6 Formas

SC, Serration, Bane of X, Heavy Caliber

Hell Fire, Cryo Rounds (blast) Toxic Clip, Stormbringer (corrosive)

alternating Bane with sawtooth clip maybe

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

IMO, they simply made one of the most popular weapons that is useful for pretty much everything, into something extremely specialized, and honestly, it's not even that good at, say killing infested. Admit it, the ignis does way better in that department. So now what? Will it just slowly die out?

I won't agree that it's ruined at all.  However, the feeling of the weapon seems off.

I liked that it felt like a generalist weapon.  And since we still have those (see: grakata, Burston, braton, seer, etc.. for weapons that deal equal portions of all 3 damage types) I don't see why it can't have that now.

It deals 150 slash.  Why doesn't it deal 50 slash, 50 impact and 50 puncture?  The same question could be asked for the Spectra, especially since that the Cestra, dealing primarily Puncture, feels quite similar to it.

it just doesn't feel like the gun it used to be. you're right the function has pretty much completely changed. The reason why it was such a popular weapon was due to it being armor ignore thus having linear performance across all levels. Now that it deals plain damage, and less than it used to at that, it just loses its meaning.