Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scanner's Equipping And Use

khimera

I'm glad the Scanner is gear so it doesn't take up a primary or secondary slot, but when I equip it and get downed trying to scan something (because lots of moas and ospreys are REALLY annoying to scan thank you, this invasion is the best way to get friendly scans for those who want Corpus scans.) it bugs out.

What's worse, instead of holding the normal firing button to activate the scanner and get it to work, for some reason now I need to right click hold to 'zoom in' and use it before I left click and activate the scan. On a lot of enemies this is really annoying, especially for someone like me who uses a laptop. I know I'm a minority but please change the Scanner back so it doesn't require a zoom-in if that's what was done. Otherwise I did something and now I feel stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

how do i use and equip the scanner

I feel my title was inappropriate now...

To equip the scanner you must place it in your inventory like a gear item. Scanners may be bought 25 at a time in the gear section of the market as a side note. Once equipped in the inventory you must go into a mission and use the scanner like any other inventory item. To make this easier on a person, it's best if you put it in your first inventory slot and bind that inventory slot's use to a hotkey (I have mine at H). This will equip what is essentially a dartgun on your Tenno, despite having no in-game model or anything like that. In order to get scans you must zoom in (right click for PC gamers) and then hold the fire button once a red ring appears on the scanner HUD. The ring will close in on the reticle at the center of the screen until it scans what you were looking at. If the enemy moves to far away from the reticle before the scan is complete the scanning process resets and you'll have to try again. This is irritating thanks to the many enemies that like to run in circles or are very small that zip about in the air.