Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oddities In Damage 2.0

Teneroth

I've noticed several... strange things during my time playing with damage 2.0. While I like many of the changes I feel it does need a little work. 

While these may very well be bugs, I'm not so sure. In any case, this thread is for oddities, not bugs, which you have noticed since update 11.

Some of the oddities I have discovered follow:

Crazy Galatine hits

With the U11 event I took to my frost, grabbed a big &#! sword and started cleaving my way through hoards of infested, and it was fun, but I noticed I was getting 11k white damage hits off charged attacks. They weren't crits, being white, I guess they were head shots, and with a damage multiplier from being slashing vs infested... still 11k seems a bit high. 

So I decided to do some testing, I jumped over to my Ash, slapped a steel charge aura, kitted out my galatine with crit chance and pure charge damage, and went back into Jupiter. With stealth, crits and head-shots I was regularly hitting 20k. A couple times I swore I saw something like 100k, but I never was able to confirm it. So either the galatine is the ultimate in anti-infested technology or something odd is going on here.

Ignis Crits

I also did a few runs with an ignis, dealing blast damage, with almost max serration and some ammo mods, it was doing 60-150 damage to an area several times a second, typical stuff for me, but I would randomly see 8k crits. I'm guessing these were head-shot, critical, elemental blast proc things, it is still a little odd to sweep my flame thrower over a full health ancient and see them explode from an 8k crit.

Boom, headshot

Latron prime, serration, puncture damage, maxed crit chance and crit damage against grineer.... I've been one shotting up to level 25 heavy grineer (the women with the gorgon, can't remember what they are called, it's too late) but a single good hit to the face with my latron and they explode. It's kinda funny sometimes.

Anyone else experiencing any... oddities?