Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage 2.0 Needs To Be Explained A Bit Better

Adamant_Pariah

As of right now Damage 2.0 has me stumped... I cant make heads or tails of what does what

And the more I think on it the more questions I come up with, so with this thread I'd like you guys to post questions you

have about damage 2.0. So maybe DE can come here and take a look at what the players need to be explained some

more. 

Please dont post anything complaining or bashing damage 2.0, I want this to be a constructive thread so we can compile

questions that hopefully DE can answer and moke damage 2.0 more clear.

If your like me and went and read the Damage 2.0 forum post explaining the basics 4 to 5 times and to me it didnt really 

help me grasp what damage 2.0 does, and it raised soooooo many more questions. I will post my questions on

damage 2.0 and hopefully other players will follow, because I know for sure I have though up every question this overhaul

does.

1) what damge type has multipliers against which faction/ type of enemy?

Damage 1.0 AP had a multiplier againg grineer and armored targets, frost did 2x damage to shields, elec did 2x damage 

corpus, and fire did 2x damage to light infested.

In damage 2.0 we now have 3 main damage types and the only one I know has a mult is puncuture which is the same as

AP, and I maybe wrong which is why I started this thread.

The other two I have no idea what they do besides their status effect. 

2) Do the combos have certain mults that specialze against a certain enemy like the council spreadsheet showed? 

or are they just for status effects? like stun, disorrientation, etc...

3) when you add a elemental mod like fire does it always do the extra damage when the enemy is hit? or does it nly apply the damage when it procs? if it does do the extra damge are the ststus chances just for the  status effect like DOT with fire? does this also apply to the basic damage types?

4) with every weapon having 3 basic damage types, when you do proc how does the game calculate which damage type to proc? ( this one has me the most confused ATM) does it go by  which has the highest damage value? or it it random?

example: I was using a braton prime, and slash is the Highest basic type I have on it, but It would proc impact and puncture, to me it seemed random.

5) pertaining to the previous question, are each damage type you have on you weapons each given a % chance to proc?

for instance If I equip a fire mod, do I have  10% chance to proc one of the four damage types? or is each damage type given its own 10% chance to proc which would make one shot have  40% chance to proc one of the damage types?

6) this one focuses on shotguns and proc-ing, when I click once to shoot does that one shot get a 10% chance to proc a damage type? or does each pellet get its own chance to proc? Ive had this question about crits and crit chance, same concept here.

7) this one concerns melee, because of the two types of melee swing ( regular and charged) does charged also get proc chance and does the damage add up accordingly?

example: Orthos Prime built for charge attack, as in nothing put towards boosting its regular melee, has 620 damage charged. it has 9 impact, 45 puncture, and 42 slash. You and in elementals and the damage is based off of the regular melee damage, atleast in the armory stats ( havent done enough testing) when you do a charge and say it procs does that proc damage scale to the charge attacks damage?

I know this is a long and tedious read, but questions need to be asked and answered, I probably have a ton more which I can't think of at the moment, and Im all typed out. I will add more questions if and when I come up with some. Its bound to happen.

There maybe alot of crying and outrage at the new damage system, But I dont think its the system itself, I think its the lack of knowledge on it that is probably the main cause, and maybe a few bugs here and there. Its bound to happen especially something that changes the core mechanics of the game.

And again please dont turn this thread into a rage/complaining fest, The only way to make things work is to give DE something they can actually use.