Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris Feedback - Lack Of Polarities And Damage.

Brimir

Not quite. It would be true if it were a real double barrel(Able to fire both instantly, rather than its... Unique... trigger mechanism)

Bind your secondary command for firing to mousewheel down or up, you will see that it's shooting mechanic is indeed instant - if you're using click to shoot then it fires when you click down and again when you release the click. Mousewheel scroll's don't have an interim period of down & up, and so the fire command from it fires both shots instantly and together.

On topic - I don't know if status effect duration/damage is based on damage dealt, but if it is I would favour fewer pellets at higher damage each for this gun.

Edited by J-Pax

Bind your secondary command for firing to mousewheel down or up, you will see that it's shooting mechanic is indeed instant - if you're using click to shoot then it fires when you click down and again when you release the click. Mousewheel scroll's don't have an interim period of down & up, and so the fire command from it fires both shots instantly and together.

On topic - I don't know if status effect duration/damage is based on damage dealt, but if it is I would favour fewer pellets at higher damage each for this gun.

Status chance is a weapon stat. Tigris has a native 10% which is relatively high.

That said I too think it needs more raw firepower. It's supposed to trade speed for power, but right now it lacks both.

Status chance is a weapon stat. Tigris has a native 10% which is relatively high.

That said I too think it needs more raw firepower. It's supposed to trade speed for power, but right now it lacks both.

Didn't say status chance, I said duration :p although I suppose it'd be too hard to get a baseline for proc durations on damage dealt.

Slash damage is the worst of the three basic damage types because it is easily outclassed by a single base element, fire. 
Impact beats robots and shielding, Puncture beats armour and robots. No single element mod will take care of either combination.
All Shotguns have a better balance of their weaker stats, while Tigris is far too heavy on slash. Giving them the edge when out of their element. 
And if you compare it to the Hek the Hek wins or ties in every single other stat except a minor loss in reload. 
Most notably ones being its thicker pellet count for proccing, magazine being double in size, and more comfortable firing type. 
Why use a Tigris when a Hek can have all those advantages, and get effective slash damage using a fire mod while a Tigris will need 2 mods(to get corrosive), in order to get  the effective puncture damage of the Hek? And the Hek is considered a subpar shotgun to begin with even... 

And the Hek is considered a subpar shotgun to begin with even... 

It was before U11.

U11 made both Hek and Sobek real, real nice. Their weakness in terms of raw damage in comparison to Strun Wraith has been compensated for with a high Status Chance.

Tigris though... Hm... Ironically it has one thing and one thing only going for it - looks. Why is it ironic? Because it was the only thing Hek had going for it pre-U11!

It was before U11.

U11 made both Hek and Sobek real, real nice. Their weakness in terms of raw damage in comparison to Strun Wraith has been compensated for with a high Status Chance.

Tigris though... Hm... Ironically it has one thing and one thing only going for it - looks. Why is it ironic? Because it was the only thing Hek had going for it pre-U11!

Strun Wraith is only slightly stronger than them now actually. It has a total of 150 base damage as opposed to its old 190. 

I suppose the Hek isn't too bad any more, but I'd still generally consider it inferior to the Sobek/Straith. And the Tigris is generally inferior to it. 

Basically I feel the shotguns now rank like this. 

Tier 1(Hek and Tigris should definitely be here) > Sobek/BoarP/Straith

Tier 2 > Boar/Hek  

Tier 3 > Strun/Tigris  

Not to say that the Strun or Tigris are bad, but they're sorely outclassed, and thus wind up at the bottom.