Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Obscurity With Damage 2.0

Draglide

Hey everyone!

The amount of information we know about the new damage system is absolutely minimal. (TL;DR at the bottom)

What I'm trying to say is that while it is good that DE showed us how to make the new fancy elements, and told us (again not clearly, eg. what does sickening of viral damage is exactly for?) what effects they could have in 10% of the cases, they forgot to tell us how to use them: What to use them on.

The best thing you can do is speculate, take the base elemental mods and what their usage was back in damage 1.0, and try to make a conclusion of "if fire was good against infested, freeze was good against shields, so the combined Blast is effective against infested and shields" which is, according to the information on the wiki, is not the case. (And in the case of the wiki, I'm still trying to figure out what exactly Flesh is for, if it only stands for Grineer, which are armored targets obviously, my guess is that it's for the unprotected parts, but this is another story of uncertainty)

Also I've done some high-level grineer missions with my Vectis, and was puzzled when I found out that the gun that essentially killed any Lancers even if i shot their pinky toe, was totally useless against Troopers, doint something like 300 damage. Out of this, I conclude that there IS an actual difference of elemental/physical vulnerabilities between units, not just factions in general.

My suggestion would be, that there is the new shiny Codex system. Knowing what does each unit drop is good, but the Codex should contain more than that and a 2-line description of the unit and some numbers on health-shield-armor (Mobs scale over levels, so that information is again not so useful) Instead, I'd consider adding weaknesses/resistances to units in the Codex, ending the frustration of having absolutely no information (beside speculations) on what damages to use on what enemy.

TL;DR
Codex should contain information about a given enemy's weaknesses/resistances towards damage types, hence making things clear about the new Damage 2.0.

Sorry for the wall of text, and if there are grammatical mistakes. (English is not my native language)

What do you think about this idea? I want to know your opinion!

Draglide, out.