The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Nvidia Physx Effects Quick Fix

Kirinketsu

I just start replaying this game the other day and I notice I had no PhysX effects. When trying to enable my NVidia PhysX Effects I seen it was blacked out and I couldn't change the On/Off. Well after looking on the WarFrame Forums I tried all of the suggestions. I uninstalled my drives and reinstalled the latest ones, I made sure everything in my NVidia Control Panel was set right, and I even Un/Reinstalled WarFrame, but nothing worked. Well ended up finding this page www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.13.0725-driver.html. I downloaded the drivers note it would not let me repair or mod my driver so I chose uninstalled driver then I reinstalled it. After doing this I can now enable NVidia PhysX in WarFrame once more. I hope this helps some people out there, and if there was already a post about this I searched but couldn't find one sorry.  

Apparently there is a way for ATI cards to turn on PhysX too even though PhysX is supposed to just be a NVidia thing. I can't figure out how though. I'd like to play with that setting in order to troubleshoot other problems I'm having detailed here.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/133652-smoking-gun-for-crashes/?p=1606527

Anyone know how to do the ATI PhysX trick?

There are a few ways to get PhysX to work with other videocards, however it will look no where near as good unless you spend a good bit of money, and then you should just replace the card. If you google AMD PhysX hacks you can find post on how to do this also on YouTube. One way I know of is you can buy a cheap NVidia 610-650 card and somehow link it to your AMD / motherboard. There is also a file you can download that will use CPU rather then GPU as PhysX effect, but this will look like the PS4 / XboxOne so called PhysX NVidia so called gave to AMD, so PhysX would be in nextgen console and more devs would start using it. The File I speak off dates back a few years ago and you have to alter your AMD video card at your own risk. and depending on your CPU and videocard it might not even work. If you want to play games in PhysX the best right way buy a GTX260-660 rage from $40-$200, you will see no real drop in performance long as your not trying to record or steam your gameplay.