Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Controller] Option to "Cast on Select Only"

Flannoit

This might sound outlandish to tons of players, but when it comes to controller setup (I vastly prefer controller even as a PC player), I keep finding myself wishing there was an option for abilities to be cast on selection only. (AKA - default RB + ABYX//Circle Square Triangle Cross) instead of also being able to recast the last-selected ability by pressing RB. We already have the option to disable "cast on select" so you only actually cast when tapping RB, an option to set it to only cast on select so you have to press RB+face would let the other side of controller play customize their experience for themselves better.

I guess this is more of a "controller longevity" issue than it is a gameplay issue (as it's more of a minor annoyance to me than actually hampering gameplay) , as sometimes when controllers start to die, their shoulder buttons tend to go very quickly. I've had a few old - and sometimes new! - controllers who's RB had started to die so it wouldn't always remember I'm HOLDING RB, not TAPPING RB.

Controller structure aside, I would just personally like to see this as an option! This would help me not accidentally overcast abilities and genuinely save me the annoyance of the times I've accidentally pressed RB. (I have both kids and cats, and sometimes that means playing one-handed or even resting my controller on weird spots as I play)

To the people who will inevitably enter in and go "I HATE THIS IDEA ITS STUPID I DONT' WANT THIS YOU PIECE OF GARBAGE DONT FORCE THIS ONE OTHERS!!!!!!" because that happens on EVERY single suggestion about adding new options - I am explicitly asking for it to be an OPTION. So people can DECIDE if they want it for themselves IN THE MENU. Not asking them to change how it works by default for literally everyone. (And if you think I'm overreacting how people will inevitably respond, look at any of the other requested personal quality of life options people have requested lol.)

Yes, this is basically a personal QoL request, but it's a very straightforward one that I wouldn't be surprised if other controller players would like to have as an option.

Archived