The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

GeForce NOW: "Login failed. Check your info"

GreenGKH

33 minutes ago, Blue_Katz said:

Not dismissing anything you're saying since I have very little knowledge on the subject, but in the ASUS link that connection warning in the first pic, I was getting on "archive.org"  yesterday as well. Visiting the site now has no issues.

Reading up a bit, it looks like the particular issue you were getting was "Login failed. HTTP connection could not be secured". For some reason your system wasn't attempting an HTTPS connection, and that likely happened for some sites you visited too (like archive.org). Without more info I can't really say why that is, but based on that ASUS support article it does not look like that setting should be anything but certification for the router's local connection (it even says "local access config" in the box). I'd be concerned if it's self-signing for other domains, since that's a large security issue (since you wouldn't actually be validating you're connecting to the site you've typed in or intended to go to from a certificate authority if it's just self-signed), but I highly doubt it's doing that.

If you reset your system or router, whatever the issue was may have just resolved itself; that usually resolves most home network issues.

4 minutes ago, Naroxas44 said:

Reading up a bit, it looks like the particular issue you were getting was "Login failed. HTTP connection could not be secured". For some reason your system wasn't attempting an HTTPS connection, and that likely happened for some sites you visited too (like archive.org). Without more info I can't really say why that is, but based on that ASUS support article it does not look like that setting should be anything but certification for the router's local connection (it even says "local access config" in the box). I'd be concerned if it's self-signing for other domains, since that's a large security issue (since you wouldn't actually be validating you're connecting to the site you've typed in or intended to go to from a certificate authority if it's just self-signed), but I highly doubt it's doing that.

If you reset your system or router, whatever the issue was may have just resolved itself; that usually resolves most home network issues.

I just made an edit to my last reply. The issue has returned. I've tried multiple things to get it working again with no success. Also made an edit to most of my posts with my "fix" so people don't waste their time.

Edited by Blue_Katz

@Blue_Katz Could you try going into Windows settings and resyncing your system time with one of Microsoft's servers via NTP (should just be a button)? I'd also recommend changing your DNS on the system and flushing the cache, just because that was the issue last time with Spectrum in that area. Lemme know if that helps!

23 minutes ago, Naroxas44 said:

@Blue_Katz Could you try going into Windows settings and resyncing your system time with one of Microsoft's servers via NTP (should just be a button)? I'd also recommend changing your DNS on the system and flushing the cache, just because that was the issue last time with Spectrum in that area. Lemme know if that helps!

2:45PM Attempted to login to Warframe - Failed
2:47PM Synced clock to time.windows.com
2:48PM Attempted to login to Warframe - Failed
2:50PM Used "ipconfig /flushdns" command - Successful
2:51PM Attempted to login to Warframe - Failed
2:51PM Restarted PC
2:53PM Attempted to login to Warframe - Failed
2:59PM Changed IPv4 DNS settings from Automatic to Google Primary(8.8.8.8) and Secondary(8.8.4.4)
3:00PM Used "ipconfig /flushdns" command - Successful
3:01PM Attempted to login to Warframe - Successful

It's happening again, there was a time window when I was able to login and play today around the noon of Central European time, but right now we're back in "login failed, check your info" hell. Can only play on Geforce Now at the moment so some quick resolution of this would be lovely.

EDIT

Seems to work properly as of now, much obliged.

Edited by 1ltPhantom

I have been receiving the "HTTP Connection could not be secured" error when trying to log in since thursday night. Sometimes I can log in anyway without changing anything. But in that scenario the game will boot me back out in some time if I sit in orbiter, or will disconnect me when I finish a mission with "Could not update account information."

I am in Florida on Spectrum. Tried rebooting modem and router, making exception in the antivirus, turning off the antivirus, verifying and optimizing game cache. Nothing I do seems to influence it at all.

14 hours ago, MongolMango said:

I have been receiving the "HTTP Connection could not be secured" error when trying to log in since thursday night. Sometimes I can log in anyway without changing anything. But in that scenario the game will boot me back out in some time if I sit in orbiter, or will disconnect me when I finish a mission with "Could not update account information."

I am in Florida on Spectrum. Tried rebooting modem and router, making exception in the antivirus, turning off the antivirus, verifying and optimizing game cache. Nothing I do seems to influence it at all.

Try the fix Naroxas44 told me to try. It worked and I just logged in, also located in central Florida. I tried logging in after every step I took and looks like the DNS change is what did it for me.

21 hours ago, Naroxas44 said:

Can refer to this video if you don't know how to change DNS settings
I changed mine to Google- Primary(8.8.8.8) and Secondary(8.8.4.4)
Then open CMD and use the command "ipconfig /flushdns"

Edited by Blue_Katz

7 hours ago, Blue_Katz said:

Try the fix Naroxas44 told me to try. It worked and I just logged in, also located in central Florida. I tried logging in after every step I took and looks like the DNS change is what did it for me.

Can refer to this video if you don't know how to change DNS settings
I changed mine to Google- Primary(8.8.8.8) and Secondary(8.8.4.4)
Then open CMD and use the command "ipconfig /flushdns"

Sadly received the same HTTP could not be secured again.

19 hours ago, FNKArchitect said:

received the message yet again. guess I'll have to unplug and plug cable and/or flush dns until the issue resolved. 

DE responded to support ticket saying its a problem with spectrum on the server end, I'm not sure if theres too much we can do.

!!UPDATE!! after a few days from my last post, this is the solution that worked for ME! Since according to users here with similar issues as well as this reddit post that was also mentioned here it seems to be a problem with the ISP DNS server (for me specifically it is spectrum) I used the more popular DNSs' from here: https://www.lifewire.com/free-and-public-dns-servers-2626062 google, cloudflare and quad 9. Steps as follows:

1. Go to control panel
  2. Network and Internet
  3. Network and Sharing Center
  4. Click Change adapter settings on the left of the window (this will open another window called Network Connections)
  5. Right click your WiFi or Ethernet connection
  6. Select Properties
  7. In the connections list select Internet Connection Protocol Version 4 (IPv4)
  8. Select Properties
  9. Select Advanced
  10. Click on the DNS tab
  11. Add the following DNS addresses in order of use:
  12. Click ok
  13. You will then see the area where it says Use the Following DNS server addresses filled out with Primary DNS server: 8.8.8.8 Secondary DNS server: 8.8.4.4. per the order of your list in step 11

AGAIN this solution is what worked for ME specifically! After I made these changes I have not had the HTTPS Connection not secure error and have been playing with no issues. I hope this helps.

• Like 1

Issue just appeared for me yesterday though I don't play via Geforce Now but via Steam.

Setting the DNS manually and flushing the DNS didn't help, still having the issue. As of yet I still can't access the game.

So annoying, all the more because this issue happened out of absolutely nowhere since I've been playing Warframe for months without issues.

One hint of solution could come from the fact that the only thing that changed on my computer recently was the batch of WIndows updates I downloaded & installed yesterday... Windows is known for their disastrous updates, maybe one of them may have caused havok? I'm not proficient enough to dig into that direction but maybe someone more gifted than I am could...

• 2 weeks later...