The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe theory- will the tenno lose their powers again?

This was an idea I came up with due to the recent updates regarding Duviri. We've already seen de's obsession with drifter combat start in new war, where we play as the drifter using Nataruk. If this was a one and done thing, I wouldn't think much of it, but Duviri makes it much more likely that we'll have to play as drifter again in a future story quest. 

The first reason would be Duviri itself. We play as the Drifter, who now has access to a variety of melee types on top of his gun. It's possible DE made the whole system for Duviri and Duviri alone, but it's also possible we will see more of melee drifter in the future.

The second reason and my major reason is the new Duviri items teasing the return of the Man in the Wall. One of these tablets contain a message we have seen before: "did you forget? You owe me kiddo?" This message has appeared before in the War Within quest, but because it was only used once at the time and never really mentioned afterward, it was written off or forgotten about by most of the player base. 

This message being repeated means multiple things: 

-The Man in the Wall thinks we literally owe him. This isn't just a "you owe me one buddy" but rather a genuine debt he might be forcing us to pay back. 

-The Man in the Wall hasn't forgotten about him saving us. 

-The Man in the Wall is probably coming back to collect the debt soon, and we better be ready to pay him back. 

Another reason could come from a second message from the man in the Wall says "I've saved them. I never said I'd save you." This implies Drifter wasn't supposed to get the powers of the tenno, making it possible that the Man in the Wall could feel cheated by the tenno, which could be very bad assuming that he still holds us accountable for the debt of him saving us and giving us powers. 

The New War and Duviri also hint at the return of the Man in the Wall (who will probably be the focus of the next major story quest unless DE decides to focus on Pazuul). 

If Man in the Wall returns, what will happen if we can't repay the debt? It's possible he will temporarily remove our powers and we'll have to fulfill our end of the debt to get them back.

Archived