Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slam Attacks Do Not Proc

secret_character

I wasn't sure whether to post this as a bug or not, because I really can't be sure if it's intentional. Currently, in my testing, I have not seen a slam attack (jump, melee) do any kind of proc, physical or elemental. This includes weapons with special elemental slam attacks, such as the Amphis or the Heat Swords; in fact, I suspect they may no longer do that elemental damage at all as their slams cause knockdown now, which they didn't before.

(Amusingly, knocking down an enemy and then slamming again immediately will cause the enemy to fall right back over again when their getting up animation finishes, even long after the slam is over.)

I was looking forward to Damage 2.0 partially because I thought it would make the elemental slam weapons more versatile and interesting. Here's an example of what I hoped for, and still hope may happen in the future: say you take an Amphis, and attach a Molten Impact mod to it. On normal, charged, etc. attacks, it would simply do its physical damage plus the mod's fire damage. However, when performing a slam attack, the modded fire should combine with the electrical property of the attack to create a radiation damage AoE, potentially causing confusion status on affected enemies.

Damage 2.0 is huge, and the task of figuring out how it should apply to every little aspect of the already-complex systems of Warframe must be daunting. I think the work already done has been fantastic. I just want to voice my hope that another pass will be made over the melee side of things, because the untapped potential there is possibly the greatest.