Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mitigating the design issues of Corpus Ice Planets

(NSW)The-rars-

Consider removing or extending time limits for extraction on corpus ice planet levels, following completion of objective. I've been playing this game on and off for years and it's the only tileset where I've repeatedly timed out and auto-failed while trying to get to extraction because it's not clear which way it is and I keep hitting dead ends. My current nemesis is Kokabiel on Europa, for which the minimap is even more useless than average. I'm literally running around with Limbo, chilling in the void so I don't have to worry about enemies hitting me, with the minimap pulled up on the right side of the screen with the minus button, and the extraction marker is in the direction of a massive chunk of metal where I can only find a hidden supply room. I'll attach a link to a forum thread on this exact node, where the user had the exact same struggles with following a video tutorial that are making it unusable for me. And that's from 2017. Can we fix it yet?

I'm pretty sure while mucking about in the settings I've run into such accessibility features as alternative color palettes for the color-blind, so you clearly do care at least somewhat about people being able to parse and navigate the information on the screen. The way my particular disability presents, corpus ice planets are an absolute disaster. I know that it's not feasible to redesign the whole thing, but you should be doing *something* about it. 

I'm going to go see if playing solo disables the timer, but it shouldn't be a requirement in a game for which the co-op aspect is so significant.

I will not be following this topic, so if you decide to be kind of a jerk in the replies because git gud or because video games aren't for disabled people, keep in mind that your fantastic wit might go to waste.

Here's the thread I mentioned.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/795159-help-trapped-in-kokabiel/

Archived