Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons Numbers Thread: Suggestions For 11.1.0

Naqel

So yeah, Damage 2.0 is live and a "work in progress".

I already made a thread applauding it's bases and encouraging the "work in progress" to be worked on, in which I also copped-out of offering a vision of what should/could be done.

Though I'm obviously starting this thread from my own standpoint, it's primary purpose is to gather ideas for a coherent and consistent way to utilize the enormous potential that Damage 2.0 carries.

Feel free to drop a comment on what's done and ideas on what's to come.

Now that I have some time to spare though:

*Note: The numbers suggested are meant to work within the current systems, including the ones I feel need an overhaul(ammo pools, critical/status mechanics, mods).*

*Note: Some weapons may seem under or over stated compared to what you're used to. That's most likely a conscious effort on my part to reverse the power creep, on which I have a strong negative opinion.*

<Tenno weapons>

-Bratons: Bratons are the first weapons the player gets their hands on and, ironically, despite being almost iconic to the Tenno image, are quickly rendered obsolete, even the prime version.

Despite this, I feel them to be the best DPS balance point in the entire game. They give you just enough power to deal with most enemies, and at the same time do not do it as quickly as to render the encounter meaningless.

For the rest of this post, Bratons are the baseline for the assault rifles.

This baseline however changes slightly: reducing the overall firing rates and magazine sizes, while increasing damage and critical damage potential.

This serves to create a bigger niche for "death by a thousand cuts" weapons like Garkata.

MK1-Braton: Damage: 16 Impact + 16 Puncture, rate: 6.0, Accuracy 40, Critical 10%|2.0, Effect: 10%, Ammo 30/360

~Impact and puncture are the two damage types most important during a player's first encounter with the grineer/corpus, and seeing as those are the two factions Tenno fight the most, it is an excellent stat theme for all Tenno made weapons.

Braton: Damage: 13 Impact + 13 Puncture, rate: 8.5, Accuracy 30, Critical 10%|2.0, Effect: 6%, Ammo 30/360

~Upgrade in DPS at the expense of ammo efficiency, keeps both weapons valid picks.

Braton Vandal: Damage: 13 Magnetic + 13 Puncture, rate: 8.5, Accuracy 30, Critical 10%|2.0, Effect: 6%, Ammo 30/360

~As much as I'd love to make Vandal weapons simply re-skins of the basic models, Damage 2.0 provides an even better opportunity: stat themes. Theme for Vandals? MAGNETS!

Braton Prime: Damage: 10 Impact + 20 Puncture, rate: 7.0, Accuracy 40, Critical 10%|2.0, Effect: 8%, Ammo 30/360

~The ultimate Braton boasts ammo efficiency that rivals the MK-1 Model, with DPS close to the regular one.

-Other Primaries: With a stat theme for Tenno weapons established, it's time to go to town and standardize the hell out of them. Note that much like the Bratons, all weapons lose some ammo capacity.

Boltor: Damage: 24 Puncture, rate: 8.0, Accuracy: 25, Critical: 10%|2.0, Effect: 15%, Ammo: 36/360

~Boltor fires bolts that pierce the enemy. Notably such a direct delivery method has a greater chance to leave not just the projectile with the enemy.

Burston: Damage: 12 Impact + 12 Puncture, rate: 6.0, Accuracy: 40, Critical: 20%|2.0, Effect: 8%, Ammo: 24/360

~Burston drops some of it's raw DPS for an extra serving of critical scaling.

Soma: Damage: 8 Impact + 4 Puncture, rate: 10.0, Accuracy: 30, Critical 20%|3.0, Effect: 4%, Ammo: 60/540

~Soma was always at an awkward spot due to it's critical scaling. Altering it's damage distribution to one that is at a disadvantage against unshielded opponents puts more pressure on proper elemental modding, while allowing it to keep it's stellar critical scaling without going out of control.

Latron: Damage: 24 Impact + 24 Puncture, rate: 4.0, Accuracy: 40, Critical 10%|2.0, Effect: 12%, Ammo: 12/240

~Latron further increases it's ammo efficiency, while keeping overall DPS via more frequent reloads.

Latron Prime: Damage: 12 Impact + 32 Puncture, rate: 3.0, Accuracy: 50, Critical 25%|2.0, Effect: 4%, Ammo: 12/240

~Latron Prime shifts it's stat distribution closer to a full-blown sniper rifle, while retaining the more common ammo pool.

Paris: Damage: 60(120) Puncture, rate: 1.0, Reload: 0.5, Critical: 25%|2.0, Effect: 25%, Ammo 1/60

~Having an arrow stick inside the enemy provides ample opportunity for it's payload to inflict various aliments.

Paris Prime: Damage: 50(150) Puncture, Rate: 1.5,  Reload: 1.0, Critical 25%|2.0, Effect: 25%, Ammo 1/60

~Prime version differentiates itself from the baseline with a stronger charge attack focus.

Vectis: Damage: 50 Impact + 100 Puncture, Reload 1.0,  Accuracy: 10(ADS: 100), Critical 30%|2.0, Effect: 0%, Ammo: 1/36

~Dropping the slash damage type and introducing a downside of being unable to apply status effects(which dosen't really matter in a "one shot, one kill" scenario) put Vectis in a nice spot. Some damage was shifted into improved critical scaling.

Strun: Damage: 30 Impact + 40 Slash + 20 Puncture, Rate: 3.0, Range: 15m, Critical: 20%|2.0, Effect: 10%, Ammo: 6/90

~Creates a baseline shotgun, dealing greatly increased damage within a greatly reduced range..

Strun Wraith: Damage: 30 Impact + 40 Radiation + 20 Puncture, Rate: 3.0, Range: 15m, Critical: 20%|2.0, Effect: 10%, Ammo: 6/90

~Introducing the Wraith weapons stat theme: RADIATION!

Boar: Damage: 45 Puncture + 45 Slash, Rate: 6.0, Range: 12m, Critical: 25%|2.0, Effect: 5%, Ammo: 12/120

~Though no longer available, it deserves a bit of love. Hopefully also a reintroduction.

Boar Prime: Damage: 35 Puncture + 35 Slash, Rate: 8.0, Range: 15m, Critical: 10%|2.0, Effect: 5%, Ammo: 16/160

~Trades the regular model's critical chance bonus for increased overall reliability.

Tigris: Damage: 30 Puncture + 70 Slash, Range: 18m, Critical: 10%|2.0, Effect: 15%, Ammo: 2/60

~While it's fresh off the assembly, it's live stats don't exactly live up to either the full potential of Damage 2.0, or the theme of this particular suggestion. A minor 'fix'.

What Stalker?: Damage: 40(120) Slash, rate: 1.5, Reload: 1.0, Critical: 30%|2.0, Effect: 10%, Ammo 1/60

~Arrows that slash through the victim have a better chance to cut something vital, but are less likely to stick around.

-Tenno Secondaries:

Work in Progress.

Core concepts:

-Lower Impact damage component.

-Good efficiency within small ammo pools.

<Grineer weapons>

Work in Progress.

Core concepts:

-Effective against Wildlife/Infested and Shielded targets(Impact+Slash damage, also: Explosions!).

-Low efficiency, high DPS.

-Massive ammo pools and firing rates.

<Corpus weapons>

Work in Progress.

Core concepts:

-"Scientific" damage types(Radiation, Electric, Magnetic, ect.).

-Pinpoint Accuracy, little to no Critical chance.

<Infested weapons>

Work in Progress.

Core concepts:

-"Organic" damage types(Gases, Toxins and Corrosion, Slash where possible, ect.).

-Pray and spray, hack and slash!

-High status application rates.

<Melee weapons>

Work in Progress.

-Grab-bagged due to mechanics significantly different from ranged weapons.