Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Create a reworked Arena experience, or a new type of Sanctuary for players who wish to test their builds or to enjoy higher level fighting

Heavy.Unit

My take on this idea:

I can definitely commend Warframe for its sizable amount of content, and plethora of different things to do, however in my opinion it seems to be lacking something vital to its main game, and that is extensive build playability. There are definitely players out there such as me who want to relish in seeing their build pushed to its limits of efficiency, and usage when pitted against multiple enemies in a nice elaborate Arena fashion. The issue for me is that Arena on Sedna felt...underwhelming from my experience playing it in various categories such as a ridiculously linear enemy spawn rate, with no rate of change for diversity in enemies, maps that felt a bit cramped, and a not so smooth gradual increase in difficulty. While I understand for DE that reworking any of their old content will be quite burdensome, I can almost guarantee that reworking this specific old part of Warframe will make endgame playability that much better.

What should be reworked in Arenas:

- Enemies variety where its not simply Grineer, but also Corpus, Infested, and Sentients (Maybe even a Warframe if DE wants to throw in a profitable incentive.)

- An intelligent spawn rate of enemies in different waves (At one moment you can get a horde of weak enemies, and the next moment 2-3 massively strong units that you have to take down within a wave. Updated visuals like increased size for more heavy units, and attacks would also be deeply appreciated.)

- Randomly rotated minibosses and guaranteed Bosses after certain amounts of waves [or even conditions met to summon said boss]. (This part would be more up to debate as for what DE would want to do, but the general idea still applies. Something similar to Destiny 2's Prophecy Dungeon. 

- Updated voice acting and interactions on Arena Announcer (No harm in hyping up or giving that environmental feeling of being in an Arena)

Reworked Map (A Large scale map that has multiple different areas within it to cater to different playstyles, or a map that can change like Sanctuary Onsalught. Either would be a massive improvement.)

Conclusion

This is my general take on what should be reworked as it not only would give players a bigger incentive on playing if they enjoyed their Warframe build, but would also give tons of potential in re-playability, and would probably be appreciated by veterans who want Warframe to stick to its roots for what it is . Again, I know DE probably has their hands full, but I firmly believe this is a good idea that should be considered. 

Archived