Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status Chance Vs. Status Magnitude

Brimir

Just me, or does the chance to proc seem tied to the magnitude of the element on your weapon? For example, Gorgon has 5% Status Chance. Combined with its rapid fire rate and a Multishot Mod you'd expect to at least see some procs, right?

I equipped two unranked Infected Clip and Cryo-Rounds which adds a miniscule amount of Gas element. After repeated test runs, I've never seen a single gas cloud form. This, combined with the fact that the highest of the default damage types (Impact, Puncture and Slash) seems to be the one to proc the most - i.e a melee weapon which has highest Slash seems to inflict Bleed the majority of the time - makes me wonder if Status Chance is all there is to it...

I tried to tell myself that the procs would be worth it just for Steve's sake. But to be honest their not good at all. Its so unreliable that your target (if its not a boss) dies way before anything effects matter. Its like crit or non crit all over again. What is the use of guns having 2 or 5 % crit when noones gunna see yellow numbers. Its only pleasurable when a gun has at least 25% crit so we can see some yellows once in a while.

Edited by ForumSmurf

I tried to tell myself that the procs would be worth it just for Steve's sake. But to be honest their not good at all. Its so unreliable that your target (if its not a boss) dies way before anything effects matter. Its like crit or non crit all over again. What is the use of guns having 2 or 5 % crit when noones gunna see yellow numbers. Its only pleasurable when a gun has at least 25% crit so we can see some yellows once in a while.

Well, you have to take fire rate into account. 5% on a Gorgon yields a pretty decent proc-rate. Also, try Blast (Fire+Ice). The constant slapping to the ground is pretty sweet.

Well, you have to take fire rate into account. 5% on a Gorgon yields a pretty decent proc-rate. Also, try Blast (Fire+Ice). The constant slapping to the ground is pretty sweet.

are the effects worth it averaged out though? what is the average damage per bullet these effects provide considering only one out of 10 or 20 rounds proc them. 

I wish it were 50% -100% proc rate. some guns can be 60% some 75 some 80. If i were bring special ammo i wouldn't randomly lace 5% of my ammo with it.

When it happens is fun i'm just saying these % need to be WAY bigger. Automatic weapons in the 20% ranges while slower guns in the 50-80% ranges. Snipers should be 100%

Edited by ForumSmurf

With Impact and Blast, that'd be rather overpowered. You'd be able to stunlock things to no end, FormumSmurf.

Enemies can have a cooldown before they can be stuned again say 2 seconds?. I've played games for a decade, there are so many ways to easily take care of small balance problems. Warframe only started to take elements seriously. 

Also damage 1.0 we could already stun lock with some mods giving up to 25% stun lock and not to mention damage 1.0 shotguns could 100% stunlock with just a 20% mod. Stun wasn't ever broken cause people dont care they just want to kill things fast. Its only broken in a pvp game.

Lastly im sure the energy beam corpus clan tech thingy 100% stun locks and noone really cares cause its only on one enemy at a time. 

Edited by ForumSmurf