The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Ancient Disrupter Disrupt Lasting Longer Than 5 Minutes

ODIN-NekroSlayer

While playing i was attacked by 2 Disrupters ,and killed,when i revived i was having the hacked system thing you normally get when they attack you but this time it didn't take off.I thought maybe its just a bit of lag but after it went on for 5 minutes without me even being attacked by anyone i saw that it was somewhat broken in that area.It took off after i died a 2nd time, again by a Disrupter not sure how but that's what happened,after that the game was working fine again.Wanted to post this out just in case this is something.

Sounds like a bug with disruption persisting across death/revive affecting its duration timer, rather than a bug in the duration of disruption itself. I can attest that disruption wears off normally if death and subsequent revive is not involved.

It sounds like a bug in the status effect code that doesn't properly kill off the debuff when you go down, which is how it probably should be handled since you can't do anything but shoot your pistol when you're downed. If I had to guess, the bug as you experienced it manifests when you're revived before the normal wearoff time of the debuff has elapsed, causing the timer to break and make the debuff effectively permanent. This might apply to other debuffs as well.

I recommend submitting a support ticket here just to make sure the information gets in front of the devs; I'm not sure how much this forum is monitored as of late. Feel free to copy and paste, and link back to your thread here so you don't have to write everything again.