Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Longer endless missions - choice - suggestion

Dargorad

My proposal (probably controversial and requiring refinement) is that when choosing an endless mission, we can choose that we want it to last longer than one round. It could be just checking a box or something like that.

The number of rounds we want to play should be rather constant (so as not to divide the players too much). Of course it would be 4 for the circuit, for the rest I think it should be 4 (because AABC) or 5 (because the extra relic as a reward). However, I think that 4 would be enough, although of course it would be great if the reward in the form of a relic could be simply moved to the 4th round (one can dream).

Players who chose this additional option would end up in one game and if there were four players, leaving earlier would result in a temporary block from choosing this option (exactly how long this block should last would probably need to be tested). Of course, if someone else left the game before us (not at the same time), i.e. there were no longer four players, the rest could leave without any blockades.

When opening relics in this case, there should be no option to play without selecting any relic in each of the four rounds (so players without four relics would not be able to select this new option at all when starting the mission). Although in general I think that you should never be able to start new Void Fissure without selecting a relic, there are so many of them in the game that there is really no need to leave this option at all, it is extremely rare for anyone to do so (starting without a relic), and even If you find someone like that, it only irritates the rest of the players who, for good reason, want there to be four relics to choose from.

Of course, there would be no obstacle to continuing after these four rounds without any threat of being blocked in the event of an exit. It's simply about making it easier to connect players who know in advance that they want to play more rounds of an endless mission.

While it may seem harsh to block someone's option as a penalty for leaving early, it would only apply to that specific option and would not affect the game in any way. In fact, this option could be tried without blocking, see if players would be kind enough to sensibly indicate that they want to play more rounds and then possibly introduce blocks if the option does not work without it.

Players complain about someone quitting an endless mission at the first opportunity, but often it's not anyone's fault, players just start with a different goal and a different planned length of play. Adding the option to indicate that you want to play at least a specific number of rounds would reduce irritation on both sides and connect players with similar goals.