Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Much Ammo Can You Carry?!

nekrojiji

I was thinking about some aspects of the game which, to me, seem a little off.

As an example look at the rifle and sniper ammunition, we can carry 540 rifle ammo but only 72 sniper ammo, wich is good because sniper ammo usually is bigger and heavier. The proportion is a little off here too, but the idea is good.

There are so many types of weapons and only in that instance the max ammo differs.

My thoughts were like this:

There would be some more balance between weapons like for example Twin Vipers and Brakk ..... How is it that we can carry 210 high caliber slugs or 210 low caliber rounds, with the same effort!?

So Brakk's sluggs have the same weight as Viper's bullets!?

I don't even think I have to bring up the "540 rochets" that we carry.

Maybe the game can be balanced this way too.

Without some violation of the way the world works, what wonder and fun is left within that world?

I see your point, but sidearms are meant to be a last resort in most cases. 210 rounds is the right number for any pistol in my oinion. But that is my opinion, not fact. I respect your feelings on this subject, but personally, since most pistols are of the same relative caliber, I doubt the devs will go back to edit the Bolto, Bronco, Kunai, Brakk, and the like, purely for the sake of realism in a game which has prohibited any form of realism.

On the note of the Ogris, I do agree it should be toned down a bit. But 72 is not enough. maybe 100 or 125 would allow some reliance on ammo boxes, but not dependence.

Edited by Baconweaver

First

It's not about realism! It's about balance. So people wouldn't only use Brakk. I, for example, would use Vipers or Despair, but Brakk has 150 damage per round where Vipers has 16. This is just an example. I used the Brakk, as an example, because I can do 20~30 min T3 survival with Brakk only wothout ammo mutation.

Second

I wasn't refering only to the sidearm. 540 rochets are way too many.

Edited by nekrojiji

It's not a bad thing that guns have different ammo economies. Guns have limitations in different areas, some in mag size, some in economy. It just means you mod them differently. 

Even if you give the brakk 70 ammo, an ammo pickup is 20 shots per drop. The reason it doesn't run out of ammo is because it has great ammo economy and the pickups are massive. A well rounded brakk needs some magazine mods however.

Your vipers, likewise, would still run out of the 400 rounds in a long mission. They just chew through ammo (you have a good point that they would be more susceptible to a 'more max ammo mod' though, since the base number is higher it would benefit more). A well rounded twin vipers needs an ammo mutator or max ammo mod. 

The Ogris too, even with 50 shots, would never run out of ammo even with a single ammo conversion mod, since the minimal amount you get from them is 1, and straight rifle pickups give around 20 rockets back. A well rounded ogris DOES needs firing speed. 

Point is: the ammo economy won't make or break a gun, just change the mods that make it well rounded. It's unrealistic though, I'll grant you that. Especially with the Ogris. Maybe that gun should start taking 5-10 ammo per shot (and get a slight damage increase)

Secondly, you're comparing a mastery 0 gun with an event gun, which are usually the most powerful weapons in the game (just like mastery 6+ weapons). So yeah, a brakk does start off more well rounded than the twin vipers.

It's not a bad thing that guns have different ammo economies. Guns have limitations in different areas, some in mag size, some in economy. It just means you mod them differently. 

Even if you give the brakk 70 ammo, an ammo pickup is 20 shots per drop. The reason it doesn't run out of ammo is because it has great ammo economy and the pickups are massive. A well rounded brakk needs some magazine mods however.

Your vipers, likewise, would still run out of the 400 rounds in a long mission. They just chew through ammo (you have a good point that they would be more susceptible to a 'more max ammo mod' though, since the base number is higher it would benefit more). A well rounded twin vipers needs an ammo mutator or max ammo mod. 

The Ogris too, even with 50 shots, would never run out of ammo even with a single ammo conversion mod, since the minimal amount you get from them is 1, and straight rifle pickups give around 20 rockets back. A well rounded ogris DOES needs firing speed. 

Point is: the ammo economy won't make or break a gun, just change the mods that make it well rounded. It's unrealistic though, I'll grant you that. Especially with the Ogris. Maybe that gun should start taking 5-10 ammo per shot (and get a slight damage increase)

Secondly, you're comparing a mastery 0 gun with an event gun, which are usually the most powerful weapons in the game (just like mastery 6+ weapons). So yeah, a brakk does start off more well rounded than the twin vipers.

that's why sniper ammo pick-ups are different than rifle ammo pick-up. The system would work, even for sniper ammo, like ammo mutation system. The drop is primary or secondary. When you pick it up it fills a specific value related to what weapon you have equipped.

Example:

There are 2 clips on the grownd, one for primary and one for secondary;

You have Lanka/Brakk and your friend has Soma/Twin Vipers;

You pick up 10 Lanka rounds from the primary clip and, let's say, 10 Brakk rounds from the secondary clip.

Your friend picks up 20 Soma rounds from the primary clip and, lets' say, 30 Viper rounds from the secondary clip. (ofcourse the values will be chosen by DE)

With the new damage system ..... I believe this will be something that will bring more weapons to the attention of players.

Edited by nekrojiji