Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do "punch Through" Mods Work Now?

MrCivilised

I was wondering how Damage 2.0 affected these mods, specifically regarding effects induced by damage type and elementals.  I have 2 theories.

1) They have a chance to proc on each enemy hit with the round.  Meaning, if you have lady luck in your bed, you hit 3 guys with 1 round and all 3 of them get hit with, say, blast.  Epic crowd control and all, and it would maybe help to "increase" the proc chance per bullet of some of the weapons with 1% proc chance.

2) They first guy gets hit with the chance to proc, the others just take normal damage and no proc is ever applied to them.  This would suck pretty bad in comparison to 1) for weapons with low proc chance.

And then, regarding the above.  

3) What would happen with Thunderbolt and Shred equipped?

4) Can your arrow proc an elemental effect AND Thunderbolt at the same time? ( assuming the same arrangement with lady luck as stated above )

5) Does Shred even work with Thunderbolt?

5a) Does it only proc on the first enemy and then get blown to pieces resulting in no Punch Through or can it only proc once, be it the 2nd or 3rd enemy after the round passed?

6) What damage type does thunderbolt do when it procs? Can it be increased?

Please reply to the questions stated with the same numbering system I used please.

Thank you for your help and time.

Edited by MrCivilised

1. Pretty sure it works like this.  I mostly use shred on Gorgon, and it appears to proc through the crowd rather than just the first target.  Needs more testing, though.  Another example though would be Volt's shock, which now can hit more targets thanks to it's potential to proc electrical chain hits multiple times.  I've seen it hi 8+ targets, the skill only chains to five, so that means successive hits MUST be able to proc like the first.

3.  I don't think shred works with arrows yet.  It hadn't last I tested it, anyway.  However, Multishot on a bow can have each arrow explode, so if punch through now works on arrow types, I'd assume each hit gits a chance currently, unless proc for explosions works differently from electrical or anything else, and only 'primes' a round for one aoe, like a charge it has a chance to expend in it's aoe ability.  I can say that shred currently doesn't work with Lanka, and I'd assume that Lanka and Arrows would be fixed together, since they share the same mechanic, more or less.

6.  The explosion aoe does 500, with damage having falloff, I believe the same as Ogris rounds have.

Edited by Rajko

In regards to punch through, it works the same as it did before update 11. Bullets and projectiles will go through enemies and most objects. 0.1 punch through means it will go through 1 meter worth of material before stopping. Only downside to punch through is that it WILL deflect projectiles (Unknown for bullets, REALLY hard to test that)

Shred and Thunderbolt make an interesting combo. From what I have seen it basically will work like this:
1: Fire the arrow

2: Arrow meets a target, rolls the die for explosion
3a: Arrow explodes stopping it and deals dmg to target and all around
3b: Arrow does NOT explode and keeps going through to the next target
4: Go to step 2 and repeat until the arrow has gone through enough material to stop