Question regarding PS5 Trophies with Linked Accounts [SOLVED]

This is a very specific question to people who have linked (not merged) their PC, Switch or Xbox account to a new PSN profile on previous cross save windows. 

I'd like to know... what happens with PSN trophies exactly? Do they just auto pop or are they locked?

I linked my progress on Switch to PC and the Steam achievements synced immediately. Made me wonder if it'd be the same with PSN. The info I found online is either outdated or speculative.

Hope somebody knows something about this. It's important to me and others may have the same question.  

Thanks for reading and Happy New Year! 🎆

Edited by DomiNeonyx
Shortening

• 3 weeks later...

Whilst I haven't tried the PS5 version of the game, the PS4 trophy list does not auto pop. What it does instead is makes every challenge appear as 99% complete, so for instance the trophy 'Angel of Death' requires 1 kill instead of 100 to unlock, and 'Where Credit is Due' requires earning 1 credit instead of 100000. Along with this, there's unobtainable trophies that you can't unlock due to events being a one-time occurrence (finding all caves in orb vallis, reaching rank 5 for vent kids/Fortuna) so this means you'll lock yourself from getting 100% trophies. This is assuming you've completed all challenges on a different platform. It might differ if you haven't completed these one-time challenges.

I've heard that the PS5 version does autopop all trophies and judging by peoples times on PSN profiles for the 100% (fastest being 6 seconds lol), it's very likely that it's working as intended.

From my experience trying this and looking for information, the issues regarding the unobtainable trophies has been an issue since the PS4 <-> PS5 changes and so far DE hasn't fully acknowledged the issue so I'm not sure if it will ever be fixed.

On 2024-01-16 at 3:36 PM, ParadoxPotato said:

I've heard that the PS5 version does autopop all trophies and judging by peoples times on PSN profiles for the 100% (fastest being 6 seconds lol), it's very likely that it's working as intended.

Thanks for your reply, your info matched with what I found later about trophies not syncing being more of an PS4 issue rather than PS5's. Saw this right on time before deciding to take the plunge and link my account.

Now I can confirm: PS5 Trophies DID Sync!

Even though only a couple of them were actually shown on screen when I logged in, I got all my 87 trophies earned on NSW... EXCEPT "Chains of Harrow". Think the reason behind this may be that this achievement doesn't exist as such on the Switch version (checked). The other 3 I still need to unlock are "K-Driven", "Bug Out Ride" and "Sleds of Sunshine", though the progress for the first two also matches (giving this info so people know at which extent I can confirm the Sync).

• -7_DomiNeonZ- changed the title to Question regarding PS5 Trophies with Linked Accounts [SOLVED]
  • 5 months later...
On 2024-01-18 at 8:39 PM, -7_DomiNeonZ- said:

Thanks for your reply, your info matched with what I found later about trophies not syncing being more of an PS4 issue rather than PS5's. Saw this right on time before deciding to take the plunge and link my account.

Now I can confirm: PS5 Trophies DID Sync!

Even though only a couple of them were actually shown on screen when I logged in, I got all my 87 trophies earned on NSW... EXCEPT "Chains of Harrow". Think the reason behind this may be that this achievement doesn't exist as such on the Switch version (checked). The other 3 I still need to unlock are "K-Driven", "Bug Out Ride" and "Sleds of Sunshine", though the progress for the first two also matches (giving this info so people know at which extent I can confirm the Sync).

I have 100% on PS5, do you know if it’ll work if I download the PS4 version?

I wouldn't know for certain, tbh. From what I've heard, PS4 seems to have more issues than PS5 when it comes to syncing achievements. Looks like some would need to be retriggered while others may stay locked due to them being a 1 time event. Sadly it's not something I can confirm you firsthand: never had a PS4, so I'm a bit clueless about how the trophy system really works there, and how Sony manages the player's achievements from PS5 to PS4.

I hope someone can give you a better insight at this than I'm able to do. Good luck!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, -7_DomiNeonZ- said:

I wouldn't know for certain, tbh. From what I've heard, PS4 seems to have more issues than PS5 when it comes to syncing achievements. Looks like some would need to be retriggered while others may stay locked due to them being a 1 time event. Sadly it's not something I can confirm you firsthand: never had a PS4, so I'm a bit clueless about how the trophy system really works there, and how Sony manages the player's achievements from PS5 to PS4.

I hope someone can give you a better insight at this than I'm able to do. Good luck!

Appreciate the follow up, regardless! 🍻

• Like 1