The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Main Account Merge Name Question

mcbeighcon

Question

Something that bugs me very much right now is my username.
why? because it is the user name of the account I merged into my main account. my main account did not save its username. I understand that my main account gets its name from the fact that it was my psn name, but I was kind of hoping that it would apply the name change across the whole account. but now, even when I log in through PSN my account is named after my PC account, a name I chose for myself back 10 years ago in 2014. I am upset about this, And before I pay money to change it I am curious if this is something that will be remaining or if this is unintended. also, if a dev is reading this, It would be a good idea to add a disclaimer (if this is intentional) to the account merge area that your pc account's name will take precedent, and if there is a disclaimer i just didnt see, then thats an oops moment right there  

5 answers to this question

Hey!

I was actually in contact with Warframe support over this. I'm in the same boat as you, old name I don't like, and with the information out when I merged, I assumed it would keep the PSN name. I was told it's connected to platform (you'll have PSN name on PS, and PC name on PC).

I also don't want to spend that amount of money to change the name on 1/4 platforms and really hope the devs pick up on this.

It seems like they've added it to both the FAQ and the crossave rollout information (https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1374265-cross-platform-save-rollout-information-status/ under additional cross platform notes & changes), but unsure if that was available when you merged. It was not when I did.

I have a similar problem. I'm currently playing on Xbox, I have my name from Xbox in the game and on the website from PC. You don't know how to change it, I can't change the name in warframemarket to the one I currently have on x box

EneDueRaben, based on my understanding WarframeMarket uses forum display name, which is your PC name. I personally don't use WarframeMarket so I can't check if there's a way to change the display name on there, but I believe you have to change your PC name for the forum name to change. This costs 200 platinum and can be done on the Warframe website, under account management.

Otherwise I was told that the username is based on platform, as you seem to have noticed. On Xbox you have your Xbox account name as the name, and on PC you have the name that you have on forums and the market.

I hope this at least gives you a bit of the information you were looking for.

• Like 1