The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hack And Slash Mod

doctor_spoony

Ever since the nightmare mods appeared, I've noticed that the orthos prime and galantine style weapons have pretty much just dominated everything else. between focus energy, melee channel, and rending strike, charged attacks seem to be holding all of the cards right now. I suppose I'd like to start by asking if anyone else has noticed this?

I'd like to see a mod or two that could benefit good old hacking and slashing. As of right now, most of the attack spam weapons suffer from shorter reach, smaller aoe (or single target), and less DPS even on single targets. The gap has widened further with update 11 as many of the spammy type weapons have lost their stagger or ragdoll mechanics. Short reach weapons that force you to go toe to toe with your opponent for multiple strikes put you at great risk, and there needs to be some kind of reward to make that worthwhile.

Maybe add a mod that tacks on bonus damage that ramps with successive hits on a target. call it 'blood lust' or something. I think it would scale well with some underused mods like berserker. 

What do you guys think? Does anyone else feel like hack and slash is getting outpaced by single strike weapons?