The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Frame Rate And Performance Issue

SuRroundeDBy1

I downloaded the game about a week ago and it's been running perfectly. I've been getting on average 57-62 FPS on a Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M with 3GB GDDR5 graphics card. Ever since the last "big" patch (whichever one introduced damage 2.0) my game still says it's running the game at the same frame rate, but I've experienced a lot of choppiness. The game never freezes, but I get what looks like 14-24 fps while my game tells me I'm running it at 60. 

I updated my card and that didn't work. I've set all of my graphics options to low and restarted the game, and that didn't work either. My friends are really trying to get me into the game and it's really fun but these problems bother me to the point where I'm not sure I can stand playing it . . . anyone have any fixes? 

I would try re-installing the game, but after roaming these forums for a few minutes it doesn't look like that helped anyone else. I also made sure I was running it using my Nvidia card and not my integrated. I can't think of anything else . . . and all of my other games run fine, including ArmA 3 and Planetside 2.

Thanks in advance for an answer!

Edited by SuRroundeDBy1

If I had to guess, multithreaded rendering does not agree with your system. Update 11 enabled the option by default for the first time. Try disabling it from the launcher window; click the little gear icon in the upper right hand corner and untick the option.

If all else fails, the usual response to performance problems / crashing is to disable 64-bit, DirectX 11, and PhysX, then enable one at a time until you find the problem factor. Runtime tessellation, which was added more recently can also be toggled in-game under display settings with DX11 enabled, to see if it helps performance. But in this case, I think multithreaded rendering is a more likely suspect. Let us know how it goes.

Edited by Morcant

I've been getting the same issue, when things are idle, it's fine, but when the camera moves, say for example, when the Warframe model moves around in the arsenal, or the camera moves around in-game, things get choppy, really fast.

I can't say that I think it's the Multi-Threading, the DirectX 11 or PhysX. I've always had Multi-Thread Rendering turned on, and it's always helped.my framerate greatly. as for the other two, I've never had them on for reliable performance.

It's possible that this is just a U11 Issue, and hopefully will get fixed.

If I had to guess, multithreaded rendering does not agree with your system. Update 11 enabled the option by default for the first time. Try disabling it from the launcher window; click the little gear icon in the upper right hand corner and untick the option.

If all else fails, the usual response to performance problems / crashing is to disable 64-bit, DirectX 11, and PhysX, then enable one at a time until you find the problem factor. Runtime tessellation, which was added more recently can also be toggled in-game under display settings with DX11 enabled, to see if it helps performance. But in this case, I think multithreaded rendering is a more likely suspect. Let us know how it goes.

I don't know if you're some kind of genius or something . . . but this completely worked. I disabled multi-threading and bam, game ran fine again. Thanks again bud!

Edited by SuRroundeDBy1