Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enjoying Volt: Where To Go From Here?

Archangellus00

Question

Hello everyone,

I've been playing for a few weeks and have been enjoying the game alot.  I unlocked Voly first since I liked his style and now that I have ranked him up a bit I really like his abilities.

My main problem is I'm stuck on what weapons I should use.  I have unlocked the Braton and Orthos and have been using those.  I would like to continue using a similar type of gun but I've noticed it's getting harder and harder to kill guys in Phobos. I'm still using the starter pistol and will probably unlock kunai next but in the end I would like to go back to a pistol or dual pistol of some sort.  Once I'm rank 3 I'd like to work towards a galantine if that's a good fit.

Also I could use some mod help.  Currently besides the ability mods I'm running vitality and redirection to help with surviability, flow and focus to make my abilities better, and the shied recharge mod and the sprint increase mod because I don't have naything better to use.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

4 answers to this question

i usually run 2 types of builds one with power strength and sprint for normal missions and low defense/survival and a duration build for things like Pluto defenses and Orokin/Derelict stuff because a long lasting shield works better than more damage (imo) past wave 15 or 10 minutes depending on mission type 

when it comes to weapons try using things with high fire rate and either big magazines or fast reload so you don't waste any EShield duration without shooting, been using the Dual Vasto, Brakk Gorgon/Grakkata and Sobek for a while they all work just fine with him 

also as the new damage system trowing knifes are better used vs Grinner  but low damage vs Shields and Infested 

as i said the Vasto/DVasto are pretty balanced in terms of faction damage and a fun upgrade from the Lato pistol, more fire rate , damage and some crit 

Edited by TDS0Spoderman

Dual Vastos are strong pistols. You'll also want to farm Grineer until you can get a Lancer (regular or arid) to drop Streamline.

Braton will continue to shine as long as you seek out the best in rifle mods, but if you seek another, good old Latron never let me down.

I'll recommend to you this page, if you haven't seen it already, for planning out your progression:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_Mastery_Rank

During a charge attack with Galatine, you can still be staggered, thus interrupting the attack. I'd say that before you go into melee, ensure you have Sprint turned on so the swing time is a little shorter.

That said, I've used throwing, fast and Galatine-style weapons with Volt, and they all have their appeal. Give them all a try and see what you prefer. The fun of the new damage system is that they can all work in a given situation :)