Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do We Know How Armor Works In Damage 2.0 Yet?

Zeritol

Question

Before damage 2.0 armor reduced non shield damage.  The more armor the less damage you took.  Is this still how it works?  I'm confused by the way the codex describes armored people's resistances.  They have separate lines for health and armor as if armor was a bar like shield.  But once you get the armor down they die.  So how do you attack the health of armored foes?  Is that line just there to show what the resistances are once you hit them with a corrosive proc, or is there a way to get past an enemies' armor?  Also if we do know how it works does it work the same way for Tenno? 

8 answers to this question

Before damage 2.0 armor reduced non shield damage.  The more armor the less damage you took.  Is this still how it works?  I'm confused by the way the codex describes armored people's resistances.  They have separate lines for health and armor as if armor was a bar like shield.  But once you get the armor down they die.  So how do you attack the health of armored foes?  Is that line just there to show what the resistances are once you hit them with a corrosive proc, or is there a way to get past an enemies' armor?  Also if we do know how it works does it work the same way for Tenno? 

See the wiki chart. It shows all the damage types and what they are weak against:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

I'm not asking what damage types are good against armor. I'm asking why there is a entry for health in the codex for armored enemies and an armor entry. For shields it makes since as you can deplete the shield and then attack the health, but as far as I know you can't depleate an enemies' armor and then attack his health.

I'm not asking what damage types are good against armor. I'm asking why there is a entry for health in the codex for armored enemies and an armor entry. For shields it makes since as you can deplete the shield and then attack the health, but as far as I know you can't depleate an enemies' armor and then attack his health.

Oh sorry, I misunderstood.

Good question. I thought armor was removed first, then health. I didn't know that removing armor actually kills the target. Guess I have more testing to do. Hehe.

alright, i'll try to explain it a slightly different way.

example 300 armour grineer dood. flesh type hp.

attacking him with a 100 damage slash attack:

he takes 50% more damage from slash, (or, increased to 150)

but it is then reduced by 50% because of his 300 armour. (then reduced to 75)

attacking him with a 100 damage puncture attack:

he takes normal damage from puncture (so, still 100)

then, the 50% reduction-from-armour is reduced by 50%, meaning it is instead reduced by only 25%. (resulting in 75 damage)

is that more clear?

"Someone wrote somewhere" since I can't find the post that corrosive removes armor, but it can stack on the same target multiple times up to an unknown limit ( 5 times?), so in theory it could be possible to remove armor. As such, that's probably why armored enemies still have health values underneath.

EDIT: Found the post.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/89592-unofficial-weapon-benchmark/page-35#entry1621242

I was right!!!!!!

It does STACK!

watch the Latron prime video. starts out flat numbers

503 @0.23 seconds

1st proc   @34 damage goes up to 529

2   proc    @35 damage goes up to 555

3&4 proc  @44 damage goes up to 579 , 601

5th proc   @44.8 damage up to 620

@ 51 there is a 6th. but the following shot does not go up in damage. perhaps cap is at 5?

what yall think?

Edited by NegimaSonic