Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rare Damage Types

Samwise_Gamgee

I understand why the Synapse is all elemental because it is described as a weapon that shoots electricity.

What I don't understand is why the Stinger weapon for a sentinel is all poison.
It shoots a dart projectile which would have little punch, but plenty of puncture and slash...but it only does poison damage.

Why not incorporate other values into that equation?
Leaving it just as toxic does not allow you to customize that weapon very much...you're forced to stick to an elemental build with it. I'd prefer the weapon to act more like the Boltor with a poison mod attached.

What do y'all think?
Do you use this weapon in your sent or not?

I tend to use it with my shade 'cause I like to go invisible while I am reloading...though I have been playing with a wyrm sentinel recently and that was neat to have him continually hammering away at enemies.

Please leave comments (unless you're here to rage about damage 2.0)

Why would you grab one of the actually functional sentinel weapons and change it, especially when we have the useless Burst Laser and Laser Rifle

already which both deal puncture dmg?

Secondly it's large toxin base dmg allow it to get a higher amount of viral, corrosive or gas dual element dmg. Accompany that with it's always inflict toxin on hit property and it works really well.

Also it's based on a poison dart, they were just meant to pierce the skin and deliver the venom. Not to actually push through a enemy like a bolt would.