Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion For Dual Ether To Be Viable Again

LegendairyWarframe

Dual Ether does 30 Armor ignoring damage, 3x light against infested, and staggers enemy on hits before damge 2.0 was implemented.

Now, it's been reduced to 23 slash damage.

It doesn't cut as clean as it's description says.

I would suggest to buff it Puncture damage to 20, so 20 puncture damage+23 slash damage does about 30 to armored grineers; which also giving it a little boost against infested.

There's a few weapons like this where they don't match their description in terms of what they do as much as they once did. A lot of weapons do need a slight buff or some changes to their damages since the old way of them doing things like ignoring armour is gone. 

It still does 30 physical damage.

4.5 impact damage + 4.5 Puncture damage + 21 Slash damage = 30

"The Ether Sword cuts so cleanly that it was considered by the Tenno to be a more humane weapon for 'cleansing' infested allies."

They were meant to cut clean through Infested. They are an anti Infested weapon as seen with the stats that focus on slash damage. They mainly had armor ignore on since they were also meant to deal with Ancients which used to have massive armor but they took away the massive armor they had so that isn't necessary anymore.

"The Ether Sword cuts so cleanly that it was considered by the Tenno to be a more humane weapon for 'cleansing' infested allies."

They were meant to cut clean through Infested. They are an anti Infested weapon as seen with the stats that focus on slash damage. They mainly had armor ignore on since they were also meant to deal with Ancients which used to have massive armor but they took away the massive armor they had so that isn't necessary anymore.

Needs it's stagger back, though.

This is honestly my favourite weapon in the entire game. I have it formaed once right now, and I'm probably going to again. I do miss being able to simply walk into a group of infested with my Frost and just pwn everything with a maxed attack speed and pure damage build. Ah, the good old days.

Compare to Galatine's Charge attack build, which goes upward of 6000+ per hit;

The 30 physical damage for Ether is sad, especially against grineers, you get 9-12 every hit; Even with a maxed mods, it still only does 40+ damage against Grineers.

I am not asking it to be like Galatine, doing 6000+ per hit, but buff it a little, so atleast my favourite Melee weapon is still viable. 

Thing is, the DPS is where the Dual Ether are actually decent. Mine is sitting at 2.0 Attack speed, and 46.2 Slash, with a 92.4 Magnetic elemental damage. (9.9 Impact and Puncture.) Total of 316 DPS. The spin attack is 330 though. I can one-shot Ancients with that slide. :D

Edited by pluto7443

Thing is, the DPS is where the Dual Ether are actually decent. Mine is sitting at 2.0 Attack speed, and 46.2 Slash, with a 92.4 Magnetic elemental damage. (9.9 Impact and Puncture.) Total of 316 DPS. The spin attack is 330 though. I can one-shot Ancients with that slide. :D

Thats... still kind of abysmal. Dual Ichor says hi. And even they pale when compared to a Galatine or some high tier primary/secondary.