Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tales Of The Bloodsouls

Jowain

I was inspired by my friend Lady_Viper to start writing Warframe fan-stories of my own, so here is the first one.

Now keep in mind:

These are MY characters. It is MY Rhino or MY Valkyr that goes through these things. The stories are about them. They have names of their own. I have other Warframes that will probably get a spot as well later on.

I don't want negative comments or attempts at trolling in this thread, just feedback on my writing and story telling. So if you spot a spelling mistake or an odd grammer, feel free to tell me.

Anyways, enjoy the stories and be nice!

Tale I:

And She Must Scream

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a light tapping coming from somewhere.

She could hear it in the distance. But could decide where it came from.

Tap, tap, tap.

There it was again, where did it come from?

Tyra opened her eyes. She remembered. Now she wished she hadn't reacted to the sound.

She was floating in a blue liquid, she couldn't move, her body paralyzed from head to toe, yet she could feel every sensation in it, the wires connecting to her body, pumping the Orokin knows what into her systems.

She could feel the restraints digging into her skin, there as a safety measure.

All she could do was to stare straight forward, only her eyes being able to move.

She stared at a strange being on the other side of the glass of the pod she was in. Granted, she had seen plenty of curious beings these last few days, but this one was new.

It looked like a canine of some sort, but it was made out of metal, it's paw lifted to the glass.

It tilted it's head at her as it tapped the glass again with it's paw.

Tap, tap, tap.

Stop it, she thought, it hurts.

”Zanuka!” the voice was disorted through the glass and liquid, but she could still locate the speaker.

Two men was standing by a control console, both turned to her and the create they called ”Zanuka”.

She did not recognized the speaker, but the other one...

She felt her breathing jump, like she had gasped, but it just became another exhale, no sound leaving her lips.

The man frightened her, she wanted to get away, go back to whatever slumber she was in. As far away as possible from this monster of a man she looked at.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zanuka walked away from the glass and sat down next to Alad and he turned to the much taller man before him.

”Now then Zuhrax, what did you say again about this particular specimen?” he said, not hiding the skepsis in his voice.

Dreth Zuhrax straightened up in his full lenght, which made him almost tower over Alad V.

”I told you” he weezed, ”this one is unique, she has the best resistance to whatever I throw at her.”

Alad looked at the Valkyr-class Warframe in the pod, her armor torn off except half the helmet, revealing a muscular structure.

”All the more reason for it to be fully intrigated into the Zanuka Project.” he said, turning back to Zuhrax. ”The if she is stronger than the others, then of course Zanuka would benefit from it.”

He looked with surprise as Zuhrax slapped his forehead with a sour grimace.

”It's not the Warframe that is unique, it's what is left of the person inside it.” he said fast, picking up his datapad, showing the image of x-ray scan of the Valkyr.

”Her biological body shows a great deal of tolerance to pain, much higher than the other ones.” he makes a few key strokes and a diagram of two Valkyr and two Rhino Warframes, one being the Valkyr in the pod.

”Look, they are not the same!” Zuhrax said triumphantly. ”The ones we've experimented on shows different biological readings, very little difference between human subjects. Of course they're still not humans... I can't pinpoint what species they are or if they're composed of several.”

Alad sneered at the diagram.

”So you don't want this subject turned over to Zanuka, because you're more interested in her biological form? Why not experiment on her remains when it's all over?” he said, stroking Zanukas head.

Zuhrax took a step back, his long lab coat fluttering as he quickly put away the datapad and grabbed Alad by the collar.

Zanuka instantly stood up and made a mechanical growling noise, but did not attack.

Alad smirked at Zuhrax has the much taller man glared down at him, his blonde hair hanging down.

”It's pointless to experiment on the dead, she is no good to me that way.” he growled at Alad. ”She shows more results alive than dead. I've given you countless more worthy specimens for the project, but this one would be a waste to you, her abilites aren't different from the other ones!”

He let go of Alads collar and picked up the datapad again.

Alad shook his head and pointed his finger at Zuhrax.

”You are merely doing this for fun and to further your own projects. I mean, Infested? Really?” he said, making a hand wave to a large tank where something large and tentacled was swimming around.

Zuhrax looked up and then gave Alad a menacing glare.

”If you'd knew the things I've discovered, you wouldn't be so skeptical.” he said with a toxic tone in his voice.

Alad sighed and looked at Zanuka, who had once again sat beside him.

”Fine, you may keep your little... plaything. Bit if you lose it, you won't get another one. Not without a little compensation first.” he said, holding up a credit so that Zuhrax could see it.

”Hmpf” Zuhrax replied.

As Alad was about to leave with Zanuka, Zuhrax called his name, he was standing next to the Valkyrs pod.

”Alad, hold on for a moment.”

Alad turned around with a raised eyebrow.

”If you don't believe me, take a look at this.” Zuhrax said.

He stood by the pods control terminal.

”Do you know how many volts of electricity our Fusion Moas can take from a Grand Master Volt-class Warframe?” he said, tryping something on the terminal.

”Max 2 or 3” Alad said, taking a step closer to get a better look ”Why?”

”Because this one can take about 5 before passing out.” Zuhrax said with a threatening smile on his face as he pushed a button.

Tyra saw what the scientist did.

No, not again, please.

She felt a high voltage of electricity strike through her body, the pain was unbelieveable.

There was a second strike, going through the wires and directly into her systems.

She felt panic grip her, the heart was beating faster.

The third voltage struck, she wanted to cry, but couldn't, blood was rushing to her head.

The fourth volt she could barely feel know, her body was so numb.

A few seconds passed before the fifth and final volt, which was so strong and lasted so long that she thought she was going to die.

I wish you could just kill me already, she thought.

She emptied her lungs in a scream that never left her lips.

The last thing she saw before she passed out was the strange dog like creature looking up at her.

Then... darkness.

Edited by Jowain92