Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Please Advise Back Flip Front Flip Overhaul (Suggestions)

Kanary

I would like to see somewhat of an overhaul of the Front Flip and the Back Flip Mechanics. The current singular front flip and backflip although visually appeasing its quiet useless. I would like DE to take a look at some Olympic floor routines/exercises and try and incorperate some of the visuals and mechanics into Warframe. What I mean by this is that a player could flip into an attack or use it as a dodge mechanic as well as closing/retreating distance on enemies.

(when closing the distance between you and the enemy) Players could do a front flip to dodge enemy ranged attacks, while closing the distance between them. The fliping mechanic would end with an attack such as a double hit kick which stuns or staggers an enemy . If you watch some Gymnastics floor routines you will see what I am referring to.

To perform a series of normal flips one would have to tap the button. To perform a high flip and end with an attack you have to press and hold down the button.

Players would have to gauge distance with the normal flip and land attack with High Flip which ends with an attack. So one might need 1 nm flip + high flip attk or 2 nm flips + high flip attk etc.

Or make it more of a melee attack like nm flip high flip attack, high flip attack

The Back Flip could be use to dodge Ancients tenticle attack, or other enemy attacks, The backflip could be use to dodge and retreat in the opposite directions quickly aswell. Example backfilp, backflip, Backflip twist in mid-air land and sprint in the opposite direction. Again one would have to watch some floor exercise to see all the possibilities acrobatics could bring to melee combat and overall gameplay.

Beside acrobatics being visually stunning this thing could be EPIC.

Please watch the Olympic Gymnastic Floor Routine/Exercise videos you will see exactly what I am referring.

The Back Flip could be use to dodge Ancients tenticle attack, or other enemy attacks, The backflip could be use to dodge and retreat in the opposite directions quickly aswell. Example backfilp, backflip, Backflip twist in mid-air land and sprint in the opposite direction. Again one would have to watch some floor exercise to see all the possibilities acrobatics could bring to melee combat and overall game play.

Beside acrobatics being visually stunning this thing could be a EPIC.

Edited by Kanary