Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

warframe crashes about 1 minute in - steam proton linux

Meleronan

Hello gamers

I've played warframe for about 500 hours underneath endeavour/arch via the steam client and didn't run into any issues until now

About 1 minute after logging in - the launcher and login screen work just fine - the game crashes and spouts 8 errors each time

https://imgur.com/a/sLSAm7k

I've tried several proton versions - 7.x 8.x 9.x aswell as GE which is what i mostly use, always the same outcome

And via research the only somewhat related thing i found was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0PiPf775h4

Tried that aswell, but same outcome

Any advice would be appricated

This might sound silly but have you tried unchecking the fullscreen button in the game launcher before attempting to start the game? Also are you trying to use dx11 or dx12 through dxvk or vkd3d respectively?

I'm having the same problem since today. Have been playing with the same settings in steam, warframe and linux for the last few months. Changing Proton from 8.0.5 (which I used for months) did nothing. Drivers and Kernel have not changed within the last 72+ hours.

Only Updates in the last 48h were QT5 related.

Posted (edited)

I made a system backup about 9 days ago. Did a restore, without updating, now wframe seems to be working fine againg. As it seems there must have been a breaking change in an update, outside of steam and warframe.

Edited by strongdad

i just switched to proton experimental and set it to dx12 beta in the launcher, works perfectly fine again even tho it does stutter slightly from time to time but not really enough to be a nuisance