Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chromatic Steak: A Chroma rework concept

Hello, here again to present my Chroma rework idea; The previous post can be found here. I posted it before guardian armor.

And now that I've played for some time with guardian armor, there are some changes to my dish that I'd like to make.

Passive: Draconic Pelt - Chroma gains 5% resistance to ETCH damage on damaged up to a maximum of 45%, 65% for coloration element; Chroma has 1 extra jump and bullet jump

Spectral Scream -

• Drain - 25, scales with efficiency
  • Change it to a single cast, 10m, 90 degree cone of the chosen element, length and width scale with range
  • Base Status Chance for selected elements - 75%, scales with strength
  • Damage - 400, scales with strength
  • Affected by Vex Armor
  • Keep element swap here

Elemental Ward -

• All wards
    • Drain - 50, scales with efficiency
    • Duration - 25s, scales with duration
    • Radius - 15m, scales with range
    • Can be recast before expiration
    • Ward updates when a new element is chosen
    • A new ward is chosen by cycling and recasting
    • Only two wards can be active at a time
    • Active wards cannot be refreshed, a new element must be selected
    • 100% status chance and ticks 1-2 times a second
  • Heat
    • 55% health increase, scales with strength
    • Health Regeneration per sec - 2.5%, scales with strength
  • Electricity
    • 30% shield increase, scales with strength
    • Shield recharge delay - -15%, scales with strength
  • Toxin
    • Reload speed - 135%, scales with strength
    • Melee Speed - 30%, scales with strength
  • Cold
    • Armor Boost - 145%, scales with strength
    • Armor strip Aoe - 25%, scales with strength

Vex Armor -

• Drain - 75, scales with efficiency
  • Duration - 25s, scales with duration
  • Radius - 18m, scales with range
  • Armor increase - 350%, scales with strength
  • Damage increase - 275%, scales with strength
  • Armor boost per melee kill - 15%
  • Damage boost per ranged kill - 15%
  • Chroma absorbs 25% of damage allies take withing ability range

Effigy -

• Drain - 50, scales with efficiency
  • Duration - 40 seconds, scales with duration
  • Sentry health is calculated based on nearby enemies
  • Range - 20m, scales with range
  • Credit multiplier for allies in sentry range - 2x
  • Chance for credit multiplier - 60%, scales with strength
  • Movement speed increase - 20%, scales with strength
  • Armor decrease - 50%, scales inversely with strength (25% at 200% strength)
  • The Effigy acts as a conduit of Vex Armor and Elemental Ward's aura
  • Letting Effigy's duration will dismiss as normal
  • Tapping to uncast will dismiss Effigy as normal
  • Holding to uncast will dismiss Effigy and grant:
    • Refreshed jumps on kills
    • -99% aim glide gravity
    • 15% power strength aura for 6m, scales with strength and range
    • These effects persist for 10 seconds, scales with duration

Augment changes + new ones -

• Afterburn -
    • On cast: Spew a glob of energy that creates a 6m zone of status' afflicting elements for 12s, scales with duration
  • Elemental Scream -
    • Cast to clear ECTH elemental status and deal 500 damage per status stack cleared of that type to all enemies within 18m of radius, replaces Spectral Scream; scales with Vex Armor- original idea by MarakViri
  • Everlasting Ward -
    • Allies that leave the radius will retain the effect for 100% of the remaining duration and the status aura at half radius, ally kills restore 1 second to duration
  • For Elemental Ward - only one can be equipped at a time
    • Heat Focus -
      • Enemies with heat status afflicting them have a 100% chance drop a health orb on death
    • Toxin Focus -
      • Enemies affected by toxic status leave a toxic cloud on death for 10s, scales with duration
    • Cold Focus -
      • Chroma holds a 2m radius ice bubble, scales with range
      • Bubble has a 50% chance to reflect projectiles for 3x damage, scales with strength
      • The bubble grants allies overguard up to Chroma's current armor upon entering aswell as regenerating it if they remain inside
      • Chroma does NOT gain this overguard
      • Would like a better idea if y'all have one
    • Electricity Focus
      • Afflicting Enemies with electricity status grants Chroma 5% movement speed and critical damage boost stacking 4x; lasting 2 seconds, scales with strength and duration
  • [Guardian Effigy] -
    • Effigy follows Chroma as a sentinel instead of acting as a sentry

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DarkBlueSeaDragon said:

Hello, here again to present my Chroma rework idea; The previous post can be found here. I posted it before guardian armor.

And now that I've played for some time with guardian armor, there are some changes to my dish that I'd like to make.

Passive: Draconic Pelt - Chroma gains 5% resistance to ETCH damage on damaged up to a maximum of 45%, 65% for coloration element; Chroma has 1 extra jump and bullet jump

It’s currently early in the morning where I’m at so I won’t really go over other suggestions I have at the moment (as I’ve not read over the other abilities) but I would like to inform you this is a worse Caliban passive. Caliban has adaptive armor that gives 5% resistance stacking to 50% whenever they take damage. This is just a more limited version of that (being only ETCH damage) and 5% less resistance on the elements that aren’t his color. Most people will just run the actually adaptation mod at that point as it stacks to 90% and doesn’t have any limitation on damage types. Also does this Passive have a duration? Or would it be for the rest of the run till they die? Because if it’s the latter it may actually be stronger than caliban (as theirs decay)

12 hours ago, Nerthiril said:

It’s currently early in the morning where I’m at so I won’t really go over other suggestions I have at the moment (as I’ve not read over the other abilities) but I would like to inform you this is a worse Caliban passive

As Chroma is wearing a "dead?" Sentient pelt, and Caliban is meant to be the Sentient frame; I personally don't think that's a bad thing

12 hours ago, Nerthiril said:

Also does this Passive have a duration? Or would it be for the rest of the run till they die? Because if it’s the latter it may actually be stronger than caliban (as theirs decay)

I think Caliban when they get a rework should get the resistance till death, like how the Sentient factions adaption works; While Chroma's should decay stack by stack instead of all at once to give some reason to not take the mod itself, 45/5 is 9, x10s would be a 90s decay timer

An alternative passive could be my previous idea, with some additions based on this rewrite

Elemental Overload -

5% more damage per ECTH status type afflicting the target, multiplicative; Color chosen element scales with strength

Chroma has 1 extra jump and bullet jump