Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On Recent Tenno Weapons & Polarities

Brimir

So we've gradually seen the release of a new set of Tenno weapons.

Soma, Vectis, Tigris and Cernos.

Out of all of these, all but Tigris (the Shotgun) came with innate Polarity - Polarities in the case of the Soma even!

Why? Why do you hate Shotguns so? There is no reason for the Tigris not to have an innate Polarity as well.

Edited by Brimir

I honestly think that all weapons should come with no polarity allowing players to build exactly what they want from scratch with forma. Adding a polarity makes people happy only if it is the type they want, if not it is a travesty apparently.

I don't know why some come with and some don't though, it does strike me as a bit odd. maybe they have an equation for "weapon awesomeness" that must always = 100. So stats/polarities etc. all add to this rating and having more stats means no polarities to = 100.

Only a guess

I honestly think that all weapons should come with no polarity allowing players to build exactly what they want from scratch with forma. Adding a polarity makes people happy only if it is the type they want, if not it is a travesty apparently.

I don't know why some come with and some don't though, it does strike me as a bit odd. maybe they have an equation for "weapon awesomeness" that must always = 100. So stats/polarities etc. all add to this rating and having more stats means no polarities to = 100.

Only a guess

lolwut?

All weapons uses the V polarity. The secondary most useful one would be the - and the most useless one is the D.

It's almost the reverse for Warframes; D is probably the most valuable, followed by the - and finally V.

lolwut?

All weapons uses the V polarity. The secondary most useful one would be the - and the most useless one is the D.

It's almost the reverse for Warframes; D is probably the most valuable, followed by the - and finally V.

I'd say - is the most useful on warframes. flow/streamline. having one D is nice for redirection i guess

lolwut?

tell me about it my Excalibur has had 5 D polarity's added to it and yet if i find one on a weapon it is usually the 1st thing I change when I forma the weapon

Those are nightmare mods, you can't compare them to regular mods. Compare them to the Rifle nightmare mods:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Wildfire

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Hammer_Shot

Serration and point blank are completely different maxed. They have different values of course but they still have different cost.

As for nightmare mods...rifle nightmare mods are pretty niche where as shotgun nightmare mods are good on every shotgun.

There's nothing to cherry pick. You stated, correctly, that the reason why Serration/Point Blank have different mod capacity costs are because they have different values.

I didn't have to counter that argument, you did it perfectly yourself.

There's nothing to cherry pick. You stated, correctly, that the reason why Serration/Point Blank have different mod capacity costs are because they have different values.

I didn't have to counter that argument, you did it perfectly yourself.

Doesn't change the fact that because of the different costs the shotguns don't need the polarities as much. I can fit 3 maxed mods on a shotgun and only 2 on a rifle.

Doesn't change the fact that because of the different costs the shotguns don't need the polarities as much. I can fit 3 maxed mods on a shotgun and only 2 on a rifle.

Doesn't change the fact that is a piss-poor excuse for not giving the Tigris a polarity. It needs it way more than Soma needed freaking two of them.

Doesn't change the fact that is a &!$$-poor excuse for not giving the Tigris a polarity. It needs it way more than Soma needed freaking two of them.

Soma was a mistake in my opinion. It was the definition of power creep. It definitely should not have had 2 polarities for no reason.

I also said earlier that every weapon ever should start with a V polarity no matter what.

Edited by Kolos1001

I just read that taking two Kamas (two Polarities per Kama) and making Dual Kama results in zero Polarities.

There's just no... consistence. It is as if they just roll the dice when they determine these things!

I believe that also happens with a different dual weapon. I can't remember if it's vasto or viper.

As much as that would be hilarious from a trading perspective, I think that people would get upset at that. I like it as an idea, but execution would end poorly.

Well... pretty much EVERY MMORPG has random properties and rareness of drops. It only gives more diversity... I mean it's not like these weapons come with 6 polarised slots to begin with.