Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cernos Bow Could Use A Unique Mechanic

SniffYoBunnies

I feel that with the design the Cernos bow has,it could use some special "multhishot" function like Ballistica to buff it a bit since its kinda lackluster atm,and to also make it feel more like a uniqe weapon

So when you charge it completely and wait a whole second,the Tenno wielding the bow will start wielding it horrizontally,the charge bar wil shine in yellow

Upon releasing 4 ARROWS are release in a shotgun like manner when not zoomed in,and right after eachother with a little curve off if you are zooming in.

Thoughts?

The bows need to be rethought, because right now its three (I know, paris prime, but thats just an upgrade) identical weapons, one for each faction.

Unfortunately I feel like with Dam2.0 this where the game is heading, because why try to make a bunch of unique weapons when you can reskin one a few times, flip the damage values, then call it a brand new weapon that specializes in a certain faction. 

I don't know, make a bow that is really big and launches slower spears (Dark Souls anyone?), make a bow that fires energy bolts that does some kind element damage like ignis, make a compound bow that is quicker to charge but does less damage. I guess that last one is actually kind of what they went for with Cernos, but a .2 faster charge time isn't exactly shattering the norm. 

Edited by KornyWayz

For now, they need to focus more on filling out niches and balancing things left unbalanced in the wake of Damage 2.0. That's what they released the Cernos for; an Impact-focused bow.

I do agree that bows need some tweaking. It'd be great if we could wield them like this guy: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1KC1Os-_NE) As in, holding a few arrows for a magazine, being able to fire them really rapidly for normal damage, and have the bow itself charge the arrow for the regular charge attack. It'd add some diversity to the bows, whereas now they're just slower sniper rifles with style.