Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Simplify Forma Repolarization Suggestion

The Jade Shadows UI and balance changes are great. I noticed the devs didn't want to "dethrone" previously meta builds because people had invested a lot into making them work. Currently, to get a meta-build, you need the correct mods, along with forma'ing, potato, etc.

My suggestion is to cap the number of times you can forma a weapon/warframe to the max number of mod slots (i.e. 9 for weapons, 10 for warframes). 

* Once a slot has been forma'd players will be able to choose the slot polarity INDEPEDENTLY across each config.

- i.e. a slot can have a D polarity in config A, and a V polarity in config B

Mod polarities feel like a relic of the past. More and more interesting mods are being added to the game but I can't experiment as much as I'd like because the mod polarities are locked in once you forma. If you want a different build, you'd have to craft a new weapon. Imagine doing this for each weapon.

This should make it much easier for devs to change/balance status whenever they want, AND it encourages players to be more diverse in their builds. I think we've all had the experience where an extra polarity would allow us to add just a bit more damage or utility to a build but we had to compromise because it would mess up a different build. 

I think farming all of the mods is hard enough, having to commit to forma polarities adds an extra gameplay hurdle that quickly becomes overwhelming when we have hundreds of weapons to forma (steel circuit).

TLDR, cap forma to the number of mod slots the gear has, allow us to choose the slot polarity in each config.

extra suggestion: allow simulacrum to be accessible from the orbiter, maybe in the operator's quarters by a bed.