Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Jade needs a skin

31 minutes ago, (XBOX)Omega399 said:

That was sort of me? Though I was only saying it in the context of having her not be available to purchase with plat for the duration of the Spoiler Embargo, since once that's lifted (assumed to be around tennocon), they could have been a lot more blatant with her design in the shop previews, and there wouldn't be anybody feeling mislead by the marketing because there would have been clear knowledge of what they were getting beforehand 

Bit of a clunky solution. Then that keeps people who want Jade and are ok with her from getting her at their leisure, and that would have kept me from getting her when I did, which was a w I sorely needed.

Edited by SirKeksalot
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SirKeksalot said:

Bit of a clunky solution. Then that keeps people who want Jade and are ok with her from getting her at their leisure, and that would have kept me from getting her when I did, which was a w i sorely needed.

Clunky how?

She'd still be available in a months time, and it would prevent people such as OP from having bought her without knowing what she actually looked like. People like you or I who bought and didn't care would just have had to wait till she'd be going up for sale alongside ember heirloom at tennocon, which is hardly that big of an issue.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, (XBOX)Omega399 said:

Clunky how?

She'd still be available in a months time, and it would prevent people such as OP from having bought her without knowing what she actually looked like. People like you or I who bought and didn't care would just have had to wait till she'd be going up for sale alongside ember heirloom at tennocon, which is hardly that big of an issue.

We'd have to wait a month to buy just so the spoiler embargo could lift. That's awkward and forces you to sit through the grind to get her, which was pretty rough for me facing down the necramech grind to do New War first. I got her as a very generous gift from someone who saw my post and wanted to help, that's the only reason why I have her now, and that gesture has actually jumpstarted the healing process for me. This couldn't have happened if DE did your idea. And people who didn't know why the purchase restriction exists would just be confused and annoyed if they wanted to buy her.

Anyway, it's too late for all that. She's out and everyone's talking about her. We would do better to concoct solutions for DE to pursue going forward.

Edited by SirKeksalot
  • Like 1

On 2024-06-28 at 2:19 PM, SirKeksalot said:

We'd have to wait a month to buy just so the spoiler embargo could lift. That's awkward and forces you to sit through the grind to get her, which was pretty rough for me facing down the necramech grind to do New War first. I got her as a very generous gift from someone who saw my post and wanted to help, that's the only reason why I have her now, and that gesture has actually jumpstarted the healing process for me. This couldn't have happened if DE did your idea. And people who didn't know why the purchase restriction exists would just be confused and annoyed if they wanted to buy her.

Anyway, it's too late for all that. She's out and everyone's talking about her. We would do better to concoct solutions for DE to pursue going forward.

Its still not awkward, its just more of a mild inconvenience than anything. I get that the wait for that sort of staggered release can be a nuisance, but at the same time; mandating a bit of patience really was the only thing that they could have done if they wanted to maintain a spoiler embargo, without inadvertently causing any grief for a small portion of the community.

As you said though: Hindsight is hindsight, and its more productive to learn from missteps moving forward than obsessing over the what could have been's.

On 2024-06-28 at 5:09 PM, DudeleeG2 said:

A warning message on purchasing the frame isn’t really necessary. Simply actually showing her belly honestly at some point before youve actually bought her would be enough.

Interestingly enough, they did update the Arsenal Menu to play the Noble animations by default on unpurchased frames, so Jade's belly situation would be more visible, but they didn't carry that sorta thing into the marketplace menu’s.