Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Jade controversy and creator mode (Spoilers)

Plot spoilers all over this post.

Let me start by saying that I don't personally have a problem with Jade's "condition".  I have some general problems with the quest introducing baby warframes and doesn't really explain anything about the Stalker's backstory and why he's mad at the Tenno, what a lower guard is, or how the timeline of this story fits into the larger plot.  If Jade dies in the present so that can't be why Stalker/Sorin is angry at the world because he's already been in league with Hunhow long before this.  Anyhow, I really haven't been able to keep the plot clear in my head since about Second Dream.

After replying to someone else's question about Lotus skins, I realized that I have had creator mode turned on for almost my entire Warframe career.  My reason for enabling creator mode was because the Vox Solaris heads in their belly boxes bothers me.  Not that they totally freak me out or anything, but given the option to turn them off with creator mode, I gladly enabled it with the trade off that Lotus won't wear her post- New War skin and Ordis remains purely virtual.

I understand that the intent of Creator Mode is that it prevents content creators making videos from accidentally spoiling plot, but for me it has this added advantage of allowing me not to have to keep the Vox Solaris belly boxes remain closed.

So, for the dual-purpose of satisfying people who don't want to see Jade's belly and also to prevent spoiling the Jade Shadows big reveal, I guess Creator Mode could set Jade's model to her state at the beginning of the quest -- if there is such a model/state, as she was just lying on the bed at the beginning of the quest and her wing-skirt kept her abdomen covered. I know that people that really have a problem with Jade are not going to like this idea as a suggestion.  Please, limit your hate, I'm just rambling here because the main complaints about Jade seem very similar to my feelings about Vox Solaris.

It seems to me that creator mode only changes the NPC graphics.  I can't think of anything else in-game that it affects. Like, I would think it should return Cetus/Plains of Eidolon/Fortuna/Orb Vallis to their pre- New War maps as well, but it doesn't, so if I were a content creator there's really no way to hide the effect of New War on those areas.

Edited by Anonymouse7611
typos