Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yet another Chroma rework ideas

ChompChompGiveMeUrBones

I've had many rework ideas for chroma over the years but i think these are the most concise changes that will make him function with synergy and make use of his entire kit, while also not deviating too much from the core concept.

Spectral scream - keep the name but make it a one-shot type ability:

chroma screams and sends out 5 waves of elemental energy that pass though walls in a 12m radius over one second which deal 150 damage each and apply a guaranteed status of the element chosen, with added stagger. damage is affected by vex armor. allies in range gain 15% elemental damage from the chosen element per wave that hits them, which doesn't mix with the modded elements (dmg added is additive to mods however). chroma will aggro enemies during the scream, diverting fire from allies.

Elemental ward - radial damage component of heat and toxin should proc multiple times each second, with guaranteed status procs. heat and electric give 10% of the buffs value as regen per second (mechanically similar to wisp and caliban). toxin ward also grants parkour velocity. cold ward gives 20% knockdown/stagger resist, affected by power strength.

elemental switching is available on both spectral scream and elemental ward, and switching during an active ward will change the effect immediately for allies in range.

Vex armor - no change needed (on its own at least).

Effigy - requires two main tweaks:

damage: make the breath behave like a beam weapon, and tick faster while chaining to enemies. visually it needs to also be obvious what the breath hits and have visible damage numbers. also force proc element on each tick, or a power strength dependant status chance. innately affected by vex armor's bonuses regardless of distance.

utility: effigy would relay chroma's elemental ward and vex armor from itself with the same range, and trigger its own spectral scream when spectral scream is activated. if a player is affected by both chroma's scream and effigy's scream he would get 10 stacks total for a total of 150% modded elemental damage. (only 5 allowed from each source).

given these changes the drain, while high, wouldn't need a change due to the added strength of the ability.

these changes allow chroma to be an elemental guardian, which can divert and tank enemies while buffing allies in critical positions with effigy. spectral scream has synergy with both vex armor (elemental and base being seperate multipliers), and with effigy with the relayed cast, that allows to double the buff if chroma is present in range as well.

(this is a replica of a reddit post by i wrote, but i wanted to share it here as well)

Edited by ChompChompGiveMeUrBones