Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think We Need Damage Mod Equalization

WhisperByte

Damage 2.0 was supposed to add more build diversity but various weapon types still gravitate towards certain elements and damage types more due to unequal gains from certain mods

I suggest/request the equalization of damage increasing mods across the board

1. Currently rifle and shotgun physical damage mods provide +30% damage increase for impact/slash/puncture while pistol mods give +60% and melee mods of this type even provide +90%. I think all of these mods should be normalized to let's say +60% for shotguns/rifles/pistols and maybe melee. I don't think decreasing melee damage mod effectiveness due to the fact that melee needs as much damage as possible to provide a potent alternative

2. Elemental mods should also receive such treatment. I think they should all provide +90% elemental damage (for example Shocking Touch currently provides a mere +30% electric damage increase)

3. Tbf I'm not entirely sure how should raw damage increase be balanced.

I think Point Blank and Pressure Point should be equalized by either bringing them both to 120% or reducing them to +90% increase at max rank.

Hornet Strike and Serration should also be equalized in the same way (either +165% for both or 220% at max rank)

4. There's also the issue of nightmare mods as there some nm mods (Accelerated Blast for example) that increase a single damage type without alternatives. I think this could be balanced out by adding more nightmare mods that increase other damage types as a supplement.

For example there should be 2 more nightmare mods - one increasing shotgun slash damage (and some other non damage stat) and one for impact damage. This way players could further specialize in a desired damage type at the cost of mod slots

5. Crit chance/damage and status chance mods should also be equalized across the board as rifle crit mods currently dominate and other weapon types' crit mods are rather pitiful.

I think increasing all crit chance/damage mods to rifle mod levels for other weapon types would enable better crit builds

The status chance mods should receive the crit mod treatment and be buffed to +150% increase at max rank. This would open up possibilities of viable proc builds at the cost of mod slot

So what do you, Tenno, think?

amon_by_ryanwinc-d594tch.jpg

Edited by WhisperByte

I mostly don't agree with what you are saying, i think DE is doing most things regarding 2.0 right. they just need to iron out the wrinkles.
Now I would REALLY like to see a buff on the proc chance mods, because they are more useless than the retired stun mod.

This is just my opinion though.

Edited by Greene413

I think the melee and pistol damage mods are fine where they are. Melee requires you to get up close and personal (with the exception of Glaive), so there's an increased risk/reward factor.

I would like to see melee and pistol crit mods increased to a useful level. Right now anything that doesn't have a ludicrous base crit chance won't benefit from the mods at all. I'd also love to see Serration buffed closer to Hornet Strike levels, maybe 200%.